Neurology in Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BAM!

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, taking Step 2 CK in a few days - quick question:

USMLEWorld has lots of obscure Neurology questions, things like lat. medullary syndrome and knowing your different nerve pwys in the spinal cord. Ugh! Is this really represented on the real thing? Seems like Secrets omitted all this stuff.

Thx

:)

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know that I had any neurology on my Step 2, come to think of it. I feel like I would have remembered it because its one of my favorite disciplines.

Maybe I had a few questions, but literally a few if any. My exam probably isnt representative though.

I would rate neurology as relatively low yield, but not worthless, on step 2. Strokes, spinal cord pathways, mass lesions, and even peripheral nerves are probably fair game. Unlikely to see a lot of it, but it's not out of the question. For example, I had a very specific question regarding loss of function in the lower extremity (gave list of motions that pt couldn't do) and then had to pick the nerve that was injured. I wouldn't spend much time on it, but don't be surprised if you see a few tough neuro questions.