Neurology ranking list - opinion VS advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flipante

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear members,

I was wondering if I can have you opinion on the following Neurology residency programs, I am struggling between the four bellow, just in case my area of interest is epilepsy vs electrophysiology:

1. U Illinois Peoria

2. U Iowa

3. U Nebraska

4. Beth Israel NYC

I appreciate your sincere responses,

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think first you have to determine if you want to live in NYC or not because that location is very different than your other three.

I would rank the other 3 as follows based on reputation 1) Iowa 2) Nebraska 3) Peoria

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say Rochester > Jefferson > Dartmouth = Brown = Vermont

What about Cincinnati, OSU, case western,
Again just reputation wise.

I felt cincinnati was really well rounded and strong.

I would say, case western= cinci > OSU

Its a shame neuro doesnt really have many topics like this. Internal medicine, emergency, etc are very vocal about helping one another with ranking advice.

Any help with these?
Jefferson, AE Montefiore, Boston U, Case Western, UTSW, UMiami

Last edited:
Any help with these?
Jefferson, AE Montefiore, Boston U, Case Western, UTSW, UMiami

I would go with UTSW>UMiami > Case Western > BU > Jefferson = AE Motefiore, but that's just my two cents. I think it would also really depend on which part of the country you'd want to live in.

Cause we're all giving each other some feedback: how about these (interest - stroke/endovascular):
Cleveland Clinic, Cornell, NYU, Yale?

Didn't interview at BU, but did go to Montefiore - did not like the Bronx, or the fact that they didn't have such a great neuro ICU setup currently. I would imagine it's better at BU, but as I said - just my two cents.

How would you guys rank Drexel and Albert Einstein in Philadelphia based on reputation?

Montefiore is a great program. I would put it above Jefferson and BU for sure and personally above case as well

Montefiore is a great program. I would put it above Jefferson and BU for sure and personally above case as well
I believe he is referring to Einstein Healthcare Network in Philly and not Montefiore in NYC.

He was referring to curiousneuro's post, not t-face

What are people's thoughts on Chicago programs such as Rush and University of Chicago vs University of Colorado, Jefferson, and UW? I have searched plenty on these programs and most Chicago threads are older. Any input would be great.

As far as thoughts on programs mentioned above....I was very impressed with Miami and UTSW. They both have great exposure, just about every fellowship, send residents into top reputation fellowships of every sort, and seemed to have great faculty/residents. Also very impressed with Jefferson and it seemed a better fit for me personally though I do not think it is quite the academic powerhouse of Miami or UTSW.

Anyone have any thoughts on Emory vs Miami vs UAB?

It's kind of late to be asking, but I'm curious about people's opinions.

So, how would you rank these programs:

UAB, U of Iowa, Cincinnati, IU, and OSU

how about cincinnati vs USF (tampa, FL) in terms of reputation.
In my mind cincinnati>>USF. Yes or No.

It's kind of late to be asking, but I'm curious about people's opinions.

So, how would you rank these programs:

UAB, U of Iowa, Cincinnati, IU, and OSU

I would say

1: UAB and Iowa

2: Cincinnati and IU

3: OSU

Anyone have any thoughts on Emory vs Miami vs UAB?

I interviewed at all 3 and UAB was my favorite. All 3 are great, depends if you want to be at one hospital or multiple, and if you would like being in Miami.