Neurology Residencies with Robust Didactic Curricula

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocMom1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apart from Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic and UMiami, which neurology residency programs place heavy emphasis on robust didactic curricula geared toward neurology residents?

Members don't see this ad.

University Hospital/Case Western Reserve may have a didactic program similar to Cleveland Clinic. Case also has EEG and EMG didactic courses.

Rush does - every day, five days a week for an hour at noon. Lunch provided!

Members don't see this ad :)
As mentioned, Case is fantastic in this regard. Protected didactic time Tue 12-1, Wed 12-1, Thurs 12-1, Thurs 4-5, Friday 8-9 (and they feed you at all of them). There are dozens of other conferences on a weekly basis that you may attend when on light rotations. During the PGY-3 year there is an 8-week EEG course , an 8-week EMG course and an 8 week neuroscience course (sit in on Case med school lectures in the morning, teach small groups in the afternoon). During these 24 weeks of coursework you are off service giving ample time to read, moonlight, etc. As a result, the RITE scores really jump from PGY-2 to PGY-3.

Typhoonegator,

Careful...... I am sure the neurology residents at Mass General are not filling their time going from conference to conference. Ask me how I know. That is one of the last programs the OP should be interested in.