Neurology rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in Neurology (but not entirely sure yet) and I will have an elective at the end of my 3rd year in June to explore what Neurology is all about. I was wondering if I should chose a place where I would want to do my residency at or I should wait until I have more experience.
Also, does anyone have any insight on good places to rotate in California, (kinda stuck here due to fam) Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend doing a rotation where you are NOT interested in a residency at first, that way if you decide you do like neurology you will have already had some experience in it and can then be more knowledgeable during your audition rotations. In regards to rotations in California, what are you interested in? Do you want a program that has specific strong points? UC Davis has a good rotation as do many programs in California. I guess it depends on where you want to be....

Has anyone rotated throught UCI, USC or Loma Linda. Can anyone give me feedback on how they enjoyed their rotation and if they were able to obtain a good letter. Thanks everybody for your helpful response.