never withdrew!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question. I sent in my primary applications to 5 DO school last cycle. However, I made a last minute decison to apply to only MD schools.Thus, I never sent in any secondaries to the DO schools. I never officially withdrew from any of these schools. I am planning on reapplying this cycle. Am I considered a reapplicant at the DO schools? Should have I withdrew officially?

Members don't see this ad.

yes and yes. You obviously need to say how you improved over the past year. It had better be a good explanation, because you'll be reeking of "MD wannabe" to them. The DO's take that personally.

Quick question. I sent in my primary applications to 5 DO school last cycle. However, I made a last minute decison to apply to only MD schools.Thus, I never sent in any secondaries to the DO schools. I never officially withdrew from any of these schools. I am planning on reapplying this cycle. Am I considered a reapplicant at the DO schools? Should have I withdrew officially?[/QUOTE]

yes and yes. You obviously need to say how you improved over the past year. It had better be a good explanation, because you'll be reeking of "MD wannabe" to them. The DO's take that personally.

Quick question. I sent in my primary applications to 5 DO school last cycle. However, I made a last minute decison to apply to only MD schools.Thus, I never sent in any secondaries to the DO schools. I never officially withdrew from any of these schools. I am planning on reapplying this cycle. Am I considered a reapplicant at the DO schools? Should have I withdrew officially?
[/QUOTE]

gah..should I send an email trying to explain myself? A major reason why I decided on not applying to DO is because I wanted to stay close to home (MD school nearby), and I got engaged in December (a decision that was made after submitting my primaries), wedding in June, and fiance is will be finishing nursing school here. Did I create a hindrance for myself??

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice.

i think so,Yes, but save all explanations for interviews.thanks
goo