New cycle questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AdrenalineJockie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can always submit everything with your current score and also indicate the retake date. Some schools might even interview without a better score, so this can take your studying time. Thus, imo, you should only concentrate on studying and doing better on the MCAT.
Oct is very-very early for the Pod cycle. Doing well on the exam will grant you some type of scholarship.

Also, if you didn't already, buy all the practice questions from the AAMC including the section banks and the subjects packs. Doing more questions and going over both right/wrong questions is key on doing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am going to say pretty much what Dexter said.

You can do both:

1. Apply right away and indicate your next MCAT test date.

2. Can wait until you get the better score.

I slightly lean towards second option. Get away from any distractions while studying for MCAT. You have plenty of time before your test day to raise it above 490.

Take AAMC FL practice tests as well.

Your MCAT score is now your decisive point of the application. I pretty sure DMU and Scholl wont take low 480s.

Also, applying anywhere before New Years is still early and applying earlier wont help you matriculate earlier. The cycle goes until like April-June.

In fact taking MCAT in January is even better in my opinion. Better chances of getting higher score. That means potential scholarships and more school choices.