New free website for anesthesia considerations + emergencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeneralAnesthesia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I'm a Canadian anesthesiologist. A few anesthesiology residents & I have created a website dedicated to anesthesia considerations for disease states + anesthesia emergencies. This website is completely free for now vs. >$70 for anesthesia flash cards on Amazon. The content is based on the Canadian Royal College exam. Please visit: www.anesthesiaconsiderations.com

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dear forum members,

I'm a Canadian anesthesiologist. A few anesthesiology residents & I have created a website dedicated to anesthesia considerations for disease states + anesthesia emergencies. This website is completely free for now vs. >$70 for anesthesia flash cards on Amazon. The content is based on the Canadian Royal College exam. Please visit: www.anesthesiaconsiderations.com

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks, very generous of you guys, looks interesting! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked at two categories and of course the one that interests me the most is the "expanding neck hematomato". Your site states this:
  • Release of sutures & evacuation of hematoma may be life-saving & may eliminate the need for a crash intubation

• Unless impossible, spontaneous ventilation should be maintained & awake fiberoptic intubation attempted in the OR

• Direct laryngoscopy (awake or anesthesized) is an option & should be part of the management algorithm

I would add to the "release sutures and evacuate hematomato" :
    FOLLOW WITH INTUBATION.

I have been in a number of these cases and they never go well if done any other way as far as I have seen.

Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user
I looked at two categories and of course the one that interests me the most is the "expanding neck hematomato". Your site states this:
  • Release of sutures & evacuation of hematoma may be life-saving & may eliminate the need for a crash intubation

• Unless impossible, spontaneous ventilation should be maintained & awake fiberoptic intubation attempted in the OR

• Direct laryngoscopy (awake or anesthesized) is an option & should be part of the management algorithm

I would add to the "release sutures and evacuate hematomato" :
    FOLLOW WITH INTUBATION.

I have been in a number of these cases and they never go well if done any other way as far as I have seen.

Thanks again.
Thank you so much for your feedback. Luckily, I haven't yet seen these cases. I will review & update as appropriate.

• I would add to the "release sutures and evacuate hematomato" :
    FOLLOW WITH INTUBATION.

Is that pronounced hematomAto or hematomAHto?

I liked what I saw so far, as a CA-2 it will help me prep for my cases

Is that pronounced hematomAto or hematomAHto?

I liked what I saw so far, as a CA-2 it will help me prep for my cases

Thanks. The website is meant to be used for oral board exams + rapid review summaries for clinical practice. I find textbooks overly verbose. What we have created is highly condensed, succinct, & clinically-relevant material. Please share with colleagues & peers. Thanks!