New Interviews with new date option? APROG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minstral

La la la la
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to a lot of neuro and prelim programs. good app with clnical neuro and research experience, good LOR -- but poor step 1 on 2nd try.

ABout half I have heard nothing positive or negative from, including the very top-teir

I have about 7 interviews scheduled with prgrams probably ranked from 25 best to maybe 50-60th. Those dates seem to be the prime dates thur/fri in dec and jan

Will programs schedule more interviews with less "prime dates" soon? Or should I assume the rest fo my replies are "No Thanks" and if they do I know it will be Jan 4/Jan 11/Jan 18 ALL BOOKED for me... Any suggestions?

What about prelims? I probably havent heard back form 70% of them.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. You have 7 interviews (which is a positive sign), but still have many outstanding programs. At this point, you should probably contact any program that hasn't either invited you or rejected you. This will let you schedule any further interviews, and address any conflicts -- ie deal with two programs both offeringing you interviews on the same day.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. You have 7 interviews (which is a positive sign), but still have many outstanding programs. At this point, you should probably contact any program that hasn't either invited you or rejected you. This will let you schedule any further interviews, and address any conflicts -- ie deal with two programs both offeringing you interviews on the same day.

How long since sending out the ERAS should one wait before contacting programs? I sent mine out end of Oct.

I believe kimberli answered this on the thread above. It does depend on the field. Still, if you had your app complete in october (with MSPE on Nov 1st), I think it's reasonable to contact programs and ask about the status of your application. Be polite and I expect all will be well.