New Med/Peds Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhillyGrrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any new med/peds programs in the works? Unfortunately, there are not a lot of programs in the southeastern part of the country which is the area I'm most interested in.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any new med/peds programs in the works? Unfortunately, there are not a lot of programs in the southeastern part of the country which is the area I'm most interested in.

Thanks

It was my impression that programs were closing (not at alarming rates though), not really opening. This is because starting this year med/peds had to become acgme accredited. It used to just fall under the accreditation of the parent programs. Since this supposedly is expensive, some programs were shutting down. That's at least what I heard through the interview trail. However, I did also see currently existing programs expanding residency slots by a spot or two

there are not a lot of programs in the southeastern part of the country

I'm a little confused. There are at least 15 Med-Peds programs in the southeast, including great programs at Duke, UNC, Vanderbilt and the University of Miami.