New to SDN (Hey!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TaylorMDhopeful

Here comes trouble!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm new to SDN forums but I have been floating around the site for a little while now. I am applying this summer for acceptance in 2010. I'm currently getting my app together and beginning to pray :)-)Congrats to those who applied this year and were accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear back/waiting for late interviews (fingers crossed).

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome. Lot's of positive folks here and we have some fun! Glad to have you with us and drop a note from time to time so that we know how you are doing. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to say Welcome!!
:)
Glad to hear youre getting started already!!

Last edited:
Hey welcome to sdn! I'm pretty new also and it's cool to see a lot of URM's on here. I feel like i'm all alone here at my school when it comes to being pre-med and a URM so all you guys were helpful when i was just creeping around lol.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm new to SDN forums but I have been floating around the site for a little while now. I am applying this summer for acceptance in 2010. I'm currently getting my app together and beginning to pray :)-)Congrats to those who applied this year and were accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear back/waiting for late interviews (fingers crossed).

What's good? Welcome, my dude.

HEy Everyone...I am new to SDN too!!!!!! I am a female URM who was told by her advisers that she could never become a doctor....Well I proved them wrong and I am now holding two allopathic acceptances, with two more interviews on the way. And yes my grades are on the lower end.....just goes to show that dedication and hard work go a long way and you don't have to listen to wat others say about you....
By the way wats up TaylorMDhopeful, we went to high school together......:):):)

hey everyone...i am new to sdn too!!!!!! I am a female urm who was told by her advisers that she could never become a doctor....well i proved them wrong and i am now holding two allopathic acceptances, with two more interviews on the way. And yes my grades are on the lower end.....just goes to show that dedication and hard work go a long way and you don't have to listen to wat others say about you....
By the way wats up taylormdhopeful, we went to high school together......:):):)

yay...congratulations!!!

HEy Everyone...I am new to SDN too!!!!!! I am a female URM who was told by her advisers that she could never become a doctor....Well I proved them wrong and I am now holding two allopathic acceptances, with two more interviews on the way. And yes my grades are on the lower end.....just goes to show that dedication and hard work go a long way and you don't have to listen to wat others say about you....
By the way wats up TaylorMDhopeful, we went to high school together......:):):)

Congrats, chick! :D

What was Taylor like in high school? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I should've definitely started posting here first, this environment is so much friendlier than the pre-allo forums.

CONGRATS everyone on your acceptances :clap: We gonna be doctors!!
And Welcome Taylor :)

My mistake, didn't think they had an URM section. I've learned my lesson.:p
I can't hold it against you because I didn't realize this section was here either until a few months after joining.

Welcome! I'm relatively a newbie myself..:rolleyes:. Good Luck to you in all your endeavors!

Welcome....I see you have an actual picture of yourself on here. not too many people have those on SDN.

Welcome....I see you have an actual picture of yourself on here. not too many people have those on SDN.

Yea, I saw that many people usually don't put up pics. I'll be a lil different I guess. And Congrats on Howard Dentistry, I have some friends at Howard Med now and they love the place!

@DreamDoc2B..I just PM'ed u about that, you know how large our school was. :)

Thanx everyone for the welcomes again.

Yea, I saw that many people usually don't put up pics. I'll be a lil different I guess. And Congrats on Howard Dentistry, I have some friends at Howard Med now and they love the place!

@DreamDoc2B..I just PM'ed u about that, you know how large our school was. :)

Thanx everyone for the welcomes again.

Our school was 4000 strong....poke.....

We have a nice community of helpful folks around here. Can't go wrong in encouraging others and extending a hand of welcome. That acceptance thread makes me very proud. We are so "rare" in the professions that it's scary sometimes.

There are a few threads in Pre-Allo so definitely feel free to do a search and post in them in Pre-Allo as fellowship is fellowship where ever you find it. To those who have acceptances to any type of school, roll up to the Class of 2013 and add yourself to the list (or ask to be added if you don't know how). It just looks great to see so many folks having some success in the professional school admissions.

Hey Everyone! I'm a lurker as well who has decided to step out and actually do some posting :laugh: I'll be applying this year as well, although I'm going the DO/HBCU only route.

whoa! taylor and dreamDoc2B, what high school did u guys go to? If you're from NY, there's not lots of high schools in NY that are 4000 strong...and out of curiosity i just searched taylor of facebook (it was VERY easy to find him) and we have friends in common! so weird

whoa! taylor and dreamDoc2B, what high school did u guys go to? If you're from NY, there's not lots of high schools in NY that are 4000 strong...and out of curiosity i just searched taylor of facebook (it was VERY easy to find him) and we have friends in common! so weird

Tech. Yea, its a small world and growing up in NYC in certain areas it gets a lot smaller.

Hey everyone! I've also been lurking around SDN for a while so I thought I'd finally join in on the fun. I've been reading about the struggles and journeys that some of you guys have gone through just to get where you are, and it has really inspired me and given me the courage to apply to med school. I'm taking the MCAT in May and will be sending out my apps in June or July, so please keep me in your prayers!!

Yay brooklyn tech in da house.....waiting to exhale wat was ur major? Taylor and I were in biochem

biochem or biomed? I was biomed. its nice that we're all still premed. lol.

Hey everyone! I've also been lurking around SDN for a while so I thought I'd finally join in on the fun. I've been reading about the struggles and journeys that some of you guys have gone through just to get where you are, and it has really inspired me and given me the courage to apply to med school. I'm taking the MCAT in May and will be sending out my apps in June or July, so please keep me in your prayers!!

Welcome and good luck! I'm applying for admission in 2010 as well. We'll see how it goes.

No we were biochem/pulse. Good luck to everyone applying for next year and still waiting. We need more minorities in medicine. Yay!!!!!!!1!!

o yea, i remember pulse! props to all of you.

Hi all! I am new to this forum also. I have been observing for awhile and am happy that there is a network out there for all people interested in persuing there dreams in the medical field. So I am just saying hi to all!!

If any of you newcomers need any help or advice and do not want to post in the forum, feel free PM me.

so what schools did you guys apply to? What are some good schools for minorities to apply? I cant seem to find any information . . .