Technology New version of iphone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chronic Student

So Fresh, So Clean
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my wife an iphone for Christmas and must admit that I'm insanely jealous of her. I am going to get one, however I have heard rumors that a new 3G version with more memory will be released this year and I'd like to wait for the new one.

I've searched these forums and the web, but I can't find much information. Has anyone heard anything or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Members don't see this ad.

one of my guy friends is a huge apple junkie and bought his iphone in november-december and told me he was waiting for the 3g iphone in may or so and then he was gonna get rid of his old iphone and get the new one..i dunno where he gets his info from but he was right about the dates for the ipod touch.

Members don't see this ad :)
As I've posted on numerous Apple rumor sites, Apple will be releasing it's next iPhone 18 months after the original release date.

I will not elaborate how I know this information.

I can confirm that. ;) I shall not state how either. Apple is actually quite strict with release dates though. Every day I love my apple stuff more. The problems I encounter now are a walk in the park compared to before. I do have Vista, XP, and Linux..but I turn that box on maybe once a year at the current pace.

I guess I will try and be patient for a little while longer.

Waiting sucks!