New York Post reports on truth about opioid crackdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is the price we pay for lemming like conformity in health care decisions instead of basing medical decision making on science. Surprised the government has not banned back surgery.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
its nice that you quote a position paper from a fellow of a ultra-conservative think tank that has no evidence towards backing up their opinions.

same lady reports that signing a DNR order means that "hospitals don't think you want to live" and "your hospital may be able to order the death of your child".

in addition, she makes significant points about how we should stigmatize drugs ("You no longer see smoking in movies or on television. Stigmatizing cigarettes worked. So why de-stigmatize opioids? We can help those already hooked without doing that"... "And most important, bombard young people with warnings against ever trying drugs."). yet she calls it "insane crackdown on pain medication"... (kids who see their parents "legitimately" take oodles of narcotics are not only potentially physically exposed to these drugs but also come to expect that it is appropriate treatment for chronic pain - "after all, my dad took oxy for years".)

its nice that you quote a position paper from a fellow of a ultra-conservative think tank that has no evidence towards backing up their opinions.

same lady reports that signing a DNR order means that "hospitals don't think you want to live" and "your hospital may be able to order the death of your child".

in addition, she makes significant points about how we should stigmatize drugs ("You no longer see smoking in movies or on television. Stigmatizing cigarettes worked. So why de-stigmatize opioids? We can help those already hooked without doing that"... "And most important, bombard young people with warnings against ever trying drugs."). yet she calls it "insane crackdown on pain medication"... (kids who see their parents "legitimately" take oodles of narcotics are not only potentially physically exposed to these drugs but also come to expect that it is appropriate treatment for chronic pain - "after all, my dad took oxy for years".)

You don't like truth when it does not fit your narrative?
Go review my lecture that I posted in other thread. She mirrors what I have said, and the references are there.

I did read and I disagree with your conclusions, which fit with your narrative.

time will tell which narrative fits with the DEA, state DOH, DOJ...

It's sad that Betsy McCaughey is still getting published on health care issues. The woman is not credible.