New York University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PLANT

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Am Starting This Thread To Know Abt New York Uni. 2007 Acceptance.. When Does The Appication Process Starts.. Did Some One Got Interview For 2007 ,if Someone Got Selected Please Do Share!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Plant, As far as I know they have not yet started reviewing our applications. However, it should start by NOV and should probably called for the interview by Dec. so nothing much to worry about NYU rite now.
ANYONE PLEASE:confused: :confused: :scared: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did e-mailed them a couple of times..they said they are not starting b4 late dec or early jan..so its just too early to hear anything from them as they are just stacking up the applications these days.:)

what abt the new prog. from 2007. is it for only those who wants to practice in new york??what abt those who r from other states !!do they also have to do 1 year additional for postdoctral prog??

i think its only for those who wants to practise in newyork state..but i am not sure abt that ...if anyone knew please ...tell:)

For all applicants applying to NYU for 2007, you can still practice in all other states after getting your DDS. However, if you specifically want to practice in NY state, you must complete a one year residency; and no clinical exam eg. NERB is required.

Hope this answers your question.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR CLEARING MY DOUBT ABT NEW YORK..:luck:

hi everyone,
i really really need help...............i am going to NYU on oct 26 for an interview..........does anyone know what kind of questions they are asking?????

thank:

YOU GOT INTERVIEW:confused: :scared: ARE YOU AN INTERNATIONAL TRAINED DENTIST...IF SO , Can U Please Tell When Did U Applied In Nyu FOR 2007

hi everyone,
i really really need help...............i am going to NYU on oct 26 for an interview..........does anyone know what kind of questions they are asking?????

thank:

Hi,
Firstly congrats on your interview call and wish you all the very best for your interview...
Could you kindly let us know whether you are going for interview for the advanced placement DDS program or someother program ? When did you apply and when did they call you ? Did they inform you via e-mail or normal mail ?

Thanks and Good Luck

are they calling for interviews rt now!!any one??

Members don't see this ad :)
have they started calling ppl????...i thought they start interviewing in the end of december...

any one knew abt this.. i think its for some other prog!! if someone knew please share abt interviews if they started this year so early

hi....any idea what scores does nyu accept? does anyone know of any pple who got into nyu with low ndbe scores?

hey friends, dont be confused tk02 got interview for regular DDS program at NYU.I found this information on regular Dental thread.

thanks for clearing that drpatel,my heart nearly skipped a beat when i read his thread.:confused:

thanks for clerification.. this means that noone has got interview or admission for 07 batch thanks fido

i would like to ask you fido that can some one be granted admission for 07 if he/she has applied for in july 2006 or he has to reapply and undergo the same process .. i will appreciate if you can put some of ur views thanks

HI MUNNABHAI GOOD NAME,

ANYWAY I HOPE HE HAS TO REAPPLY AND UNDERGO SAME APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A NEW SESSION ie for 07.......

u have to reapply for the next academic year...
thanks for clerification.. this means that noone has got interview or admission for 07 batch thanks fido

i would like to ask you fido that can some one be granted admission for 07 if he/she has applied for in july 2006 or he has to reapply and undergo the same process .. i will appreciate if you can put some of ur views thanks

i have read in few of the post regarding rolling admissions ,, what does rolling admission means???

You can send them a letter to reactivate your application, u do not have to reapply.

For all applicants applying to NYU for 2007, you can still practice in all other states after getting your DDS. However, if you specifically want to practice in NY state, you must complete a one year residency; and no clinical exam eg. NERB is required.

Hope this answers your question.

Hi
I want clarification here,does this mean that someone who wishes to practice outside NY will complete the intenational program they offer in 2 years and then can take the license in the state s/he wants to practice or still its 3 years compulsory for all and additional one year for those who wanna be in NY.
Appreciate clarification here.
Thanks

its 3 yrs for all and an additional yr for those who want to practice in NY.

Hi Dusja

Thanks For Info..abt Newyork..

hi....any idea what scores does nyu accept? does anyone know of any pple who got into nyu with low ndbe scores?

Hi
Last year people with 85% got in .Hope this helps.

Anyone having idea whether NYU has rolling admissions or not.

Hey

Are you sure people with 85 NDBE PART -1 got in last year .I heard the cut off was 89 please clarify .Also they start inviting for interviews only by the end of dec thats what they told me .

Hope this helps .

SD

Hey

Are you sure people with 85 NDBE PART -1 got in last year .I heard the cut off was 89 please clarify .Also they start inviting for interviews only by the end of dec thats what they told me .

Hope this helps .

SD

i think that you are right . Last year I applied there with 87 and I didn`t reveive an interview.

I dont think that nb score is the only criteria as they look at the overall package like toefl,ece and also work experience specially in US.

i think that you are right . Last year I applied there with 87 and I didn`t reveive an interview.

Hi
Check in acceptance thread,two persons with 85 got in

:) can anyone paste the link for downloading the application form for NYU..thank you very much in advance.

:) can anyone paste the link for downloading the application form for NYU..thank you very much in advance.

Go to NYU site and fill out request form for NDBE . You will recieve application form by e-mail about 10 min.

hi i also have the difficulty in appln fr nyu. which program shud we apply fr? advannced palcement dds? or advanced standing program fr international students? also the form we have 2 fill out asks abt which field intersted? what shud we write? pl help.

All Foreign Trained Dentist ---------apply for [ADVANCED PLACEMENT DDS PROGRAMME[/B]

I called to nyu today and they said they changed application deadline to be jan31st......earlier it was march5th.......very tensed now as i still have to give toefl still.....my part1 exam is in dec........donno what to do.
can someone tell me if i give toefl on jan 14th ,can my scores reach nyu by 31st.
somebody pls advise:confused:

yes it is true..that they have changed the application deadline to 31st JANUARY!so buck up people!all the best!:thumbup:

I called to nyu today and they said they changed application deadline to be jan31st......earlier it was march5th.......very tensed now as i still have to give toefl still.....my part1 exam is in dec........donno what to do.
can someone tell me if i give toefl on jan 14th ,can my scores reach nyu by 31st.
somebody pls advise:confused:

When you applied, you probably mentioned which schools your score have to go.Ussually result on your toefl page appear in 2 week. May be it will be in NYU too.
Good luck!

Hey Bingo ,

Take u'r toefl immediately after you take u'r part one ....It wont reach them on time if you take it on 14th jan .Its really not worth missing the deadline .

To be honest there is nothing you can prepare for toefl ......so just give it within a week after part 1 i would suggest .

Hope this helps.

SD

Ya They Take 15 Business Days For The Result To Declare.. Prepont Your Toefl Dates In Dec It Is On 2 ,9 ,15th Of Dec.. See What Suites U With Ur Schedule And Also Do It Fast ..

hi to all,
i am also applyin to nyu, my stat 86,3.21,257. dont know what will happen. people are sayin with these scres , one can into nyu

HI SANDALDEEP
YOU HAVE GOOD SCORES IN TOEFL AND ECE.. ALSO HAVE 86..MUST APPLY..:luck: GOOD LUK