Newbie to forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PodAllTWay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,
i'm currently @ a cross-road in my life and seeking out for some advice from any big brother/sister out there.

I graduated in chemistry in 2009, with a 3.0 GPA and a 2.7 science GPA. I am fully aware that with such a low GPA, there's no way I'll be able get into any podiatry school, hence I went back to school for my master. I am expecting to be graduating from my master program in biochemistry, thesis base in May 2012. So far I've been making straight A's. I took the DAT and got an 18, I also have an1100 on my GRE. My schools of choice are Temple and New York. In your opinion what are my chance for the Fall 2012 cycle.?

Extra curriculum activities:
700+ hrs of volunteered in a hospital and nursing home.
500+ hrs of volunteered/community services.
2000+ research hrs. undergrad/grad.
Military background.
Research chemist for an oil field company.
I spoke to a few podiatrist and will start shadowing next week.

thank you for all the input.

p.s.
I'm apologize for my horrible grammar!

Members don't see this ad.

You probably would have gotten interview invites with your undergrad scores. You will certainly get interview invites with your M.S and excellent grades.

Although if I were in your shoes, I would possibly consider taking the MCAT. From my understanding, some schools don't care much for the DAT. We'll see what others have to say.

Sounds like you have the heart and mind to do this, good luck! :thumbup: