Next step psyc practice book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novak123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying the book for the sole purpose of working through their 1000+ discrete questions. Has anybody bought this book and done the discretes, and did you feel the questions were good or too easy/poorly worded and a waste of time?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in buying the book for the sole purpose of working through their 1000+ discrete questions. Has anybody bought this book and done the discretes, and did you feel the questions were good or too easy/poorly worded and a waste of time?
Currently doing this. Only downside is they only give you answer letters without the answer explanation for all the discretes

Currently doing this. Only downside is they only give you answer letters without the answer explanation for all the discretes
Apart from that, do you feel that the questions are well written and that they test your knowledge adequately?

Apart from that, do you feel that the questions are well written and that they test your knowledge adequately?
yeh....I would compare it to EK 1001 but without answer explanations. I think NS is very underrated considering the amount of content focused application of questions that are available from all the books.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yeh....I would compare it to EK 1001 but without answer explanations. I think NS is very underrated considering the amount of content focused application of questions that are available from all the books.

What is your opinion of the NS strategy and practice book for Physics/Chem? Do they offer questions presented within biochemical frameworks?

What is your opinion of the NS strategy and practice book for Physics/Chem? Do they offer questions presented within biochemical frameworks?

The only S&P book I have is the Pysch/Soc, its just okay, not as good as the content books in my opinion b/c content books have passages + 1000 discretes.

The only S&P book I have is the Pysch/Soc, its just okay, not as good as the content books in my opinion b/c content books have passages + 1000 discretes.
So what's the difference between the S&P versus content books? I thought the content books have only discretes, whereas the S&P has passages only.

This is a direct quote (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2015-mcat-next-step-materials-and-updates.1114636/) from Bryan: Please note that the Content Review books do not contain full MCAT sections or even full, complex, experiment-based MCAT passages - the sole purpose of the Content Review books is to review the science that's on the exam.

Hey all. for clarification our content review books are designed to do just that, review important content for the MCAT. They have ~ 1K questions per book. Most of them are discrete, content-reinforcing questions. Each chapter also has 1 passage and 5 stand alone MCAT-style questions as well.

The 4 strategy and practice books have several chapters on MCAT reading strategies, reading techniques, and methods for attacking the questions. There is a book for each section of the MCAT. Each one has 4.5 full MCAT sections worth of MCAT-style passages & questions only. There is also a self-study guide based on the AAMC outline you can use to organize your studies.

The former is meant for reinforcing content w/ some MCAT like practice. The latter are designed to simulate the MCAT and allow students to reinforce their knowledge while working on strategy, timing, pacing and endurance.

Let us know if you have any questions!

good luck!

Hey all. for clarification our content review books are designed to do just that, review important content for the MCAT. They have ~ 1K questions per book. Most of them are discrete, content-reinforcing questions. Each chapter also has 1 passage and 5 stand alone MCAT-style questions as well.

The 4 strategy and practice books have several chapters on MCAT reading strategies, reading techniques, and methods for attacking the questions. There is a book for each section of the MCAT. Each one has 4.5 full MCAT sections worth of MCAT-style passages & questions only. There is also a self-study guide based on the AAMC outline you can use to organize your studies.

The former is meant for reinforcing content w/ some MCAT like practice. The latter are designed to simulate the MCAT and allow students to reinforce their knowledge while working on strategy, timing, pacing and endurance.

Let us know if you have any questions!

good luck!
Thank you. That clears everything up!