NHSC Loan Repayment Program - Estimated Loan Repayment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slaol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking over the site: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/

Under the "Estimate your Loan Repayment", I see that they divide payment estimates by HSPA scores (13 and under, 14 and above).

I have been reviewing several potentially interesting sites that have scores of 20+ for primary care (I'm a first-year Family Medicine intern). Would a score of 20 have a higher payout than the estimated figure from the website for a score of 14? Or is repayment the same for all scores above 14?

Thank you for any response :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I contacted the BCRS ([email protected]) with this question & here was the reply:

So long as your site's HPSA score is 14 or above, you'll qualify for the $60,000 award;

I do need to clarify; you'll want to wait until you have your full licensure in your field prior to submitting your application. The application cycle runs from second week of December to middle of May following year, each year.

Thank you for contacting the Bureau of Clinician Recruitment & Service.

So it looks like $60k is the maximum you can get for a two-year commitment, regardless of how high the HSPA score is.