NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 204 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 12.9%
  • Already got it!

Votes: 31 10.0%

• Total voters
For those who received their stipend...was your ORC payment and stipend in two different deposits? And does our respective school determine the ORC amount?
I received two separate deposits and yes, your school determines the ORC

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else’s ORC way less than expected? D1 btw. I’m going to wait until they send the breakdown

Reactions: 1 user
D1 here, I got a REALLY high number, and I think again it's dependent on the school since some institutions have way more ORCs.
I guess this is to cover stuff like loupes as well.

So is the $6k the stipend from July-Nov and the other deposit the ORC? I had 2 deposits, 1 was $6807 and the other was $5141.92

Has anyone checked to see if their tuition has been paid by the NHSC? My school said they billed the NHSC but it hasn't been paid yet.

Also, what's ORC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone checked to see if their tuition has been paid by the NHSC? My school said they billed the NHSC but it hasn't been paid yet.

Also, what's ORC?
Same, they still did not pay to my school

Did anyone get any message from the portal today that an enquiry was made on your behalf? Could it be our school’s financial aid office? The origination of the message says ’Other’

Did anyone get any message from the portal today that an enquiry was made on your behalf? Could it be our school’s financial aid office? The origination of the message says ’Other’
It‘s most likely the ORC payment. Check the messages and you’ll see the breakdown of the payment!

It‘s most likely the ORC payment. Check the messages and you’ll see the breakdown of the payment!
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that too, but the message I got showed up like I made an enquiry or asked a question which I didn’t.And I can only see my orc amount, I can’t see the breakdown

mine is a lot lower than expected as well- have you contacted them? 3k
Yes! Just heard back yesterday. Turns out my school never sent them the tuition/fees/etc invoice to begin with. Contacted my school and it’s sent now. Weird they didn’t let me know and just gave me some estimated ORC

Yes! Just heard back yesterday. Turns out my school never sent them the tuition/fees/etc invoice to begin with. Contacted my school and it’s sent now. Weird they didn’t let me know and just gave me some estimated ORC
Did you contact NHSC to re-evaluate your ORC? Will they change your ORC amount? I also got 3k, not sure because I am in my D2 year.

Anyone else waiting on the tuition payment?

Reactions: 3 users
Did you contact NHSC to re-evaluate your ORC? Will they change your ORC amount? I also got 3k, not sure because I am in my D2 year.
Yeah I did. They would have to re-evaluate my ORC anyways now bc my school only just now sent them the tuition/fees invoice (NHSC just sent me a standard amount of ORC before i guess when they had nothing to go off). Still waiting to hear back if they change my ORC after they look at the invoice

I’d contact them about the ORC you got and that based on your school’s COA, you expected more. Could be possible your school never sent in the tuition/fees invoice to begin with (like mine), and NHSC just gave you a random amount

Finally got the tuition payment from the NHSC processed by my school today! It's set to all come back to me as a refund, since I've already paid for tuition with a fat student loan back in July. So, am I supposed to use this money to pay back my loan servicer for the previously mentioned loan? Is that what you other first-semester scholars are doing?

Finally got the tuition payment from the NHSC processed by my school today! It's set to all come back to me as a refund, since I've already paid for tuition with a fat student loan back in July. So, am I supposed to use this money to pay back my loan servicer for the previously mentioned loan? Is that what you other first-semester scholars are doing?
My school is returning my loans (all federal) to the lender for me, your school might be able to do the same.

Your school will most likely take care of it for you. Then the school will ask for payment of everything left over. You’ll have enough (barely) to pay that from what you received as your ORC payment. If you have any more than a thousand dollars or so left over after that, the school will most likely come after you for more money either later in the semester or next semester. You have to remember that the ORC is for the entire year.

Was anyone else charged a payment plan fee because the scholarship did not pay by the tuition deadline? Did you dispute it, and if you did, what did you say?

Anyone else waiting on summer tuition to be paid? Asked a question about it on my portal for like a week now, no response.

Anyone else waiting on summer tuition to be paid? Asked a question about it on my portal for like a week now, no response.
I asked a question almost a month ago in my portal and still don't have a response. Did they ever reply to you?^

Is anyone else still waiting on their tuition to be paid? I’m a little worried I won’t be able to return my loans on time 😕

Is anyone else still waiting on their tuition to be paid? I’m a little worried I won’t be able to return my loans on time 😕
I would reach out to your financial aid office and make sure they did everything they were supposed to.

I am still waiting. I am worried too.

I reached out to the NHSC November 4th and got a reply the end of November (automated message) that they received the invoice from my school. Didn't actually answer my question of what would be the timeline of the school receiving the payment. Still no tuition payment according to my financial aid office this past week.

I am still waiting. I am worried too.

I reached out to the NHSC November 4th and got a reply the end of November (automated message) that they received the invoice from my school. Didn't actually answer my question of what would be the timeline of the school receiving the payment. Still no tuition payment according to my financial aid office this past week.
My school had said they "technically" have until the end of the Fall term, but that's in like a week and a half.

Anyone heard anything from them recently? I asked a question in my portal almost 1.5 months ago and still don't have a response?

Anyone know if there is a 2021-2022 application cycle thread on SDN? If so, I can't find it. Thx!

Anyone know if we need to submit winter verification form? And if yes does where to find the form?

Anyone know if we need to submit winter verification form? And if yes does where to find the form?
I got it in my email, and yes we need to do it every semester from what I understand

I got it in my email, and yes we need to do it every semester from what I understand
Do you know what happens if you submit it late? My school just sent me back that form so I am definitely way past the deadline

Do you know what happens if you submit it late? My school just sent me back that form so I am definitely way past the deadline
I submitted it late too and I got an email that said to get it in ASAP. There’s another EVF due January 31st just so you know! If the EVFs aren’t submitted they can cut off the stipend

I submitted it late too and I got an email that said to get it in ASAP. There’s another EVF due January 31st just so you know! If the EVFs aren’t submitted they can cut off the stipend
They’ll also cut off any invoices from the school if there are any

I don’t have an email anywhere about this…can you please provide more info!

I don’t have an email anywhere about this…can you please provide more info!
Here are the emails I received

Attachments

• 3E7A9C25-C5D9-4C6D-8E20-35F3FA41631E.png
    3E7A9C25-C5D9-4C6D-8E20-35F3FA41631E.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 70B3ED62-42C4-4144-8FC8-4F74E4962D70.jpeg
    70B3ED62-42C4-4144-8FC8-4F74E4962D70.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 157
whats crazy is I didn’t get this unless my school did it for me . Idk
I think they might be doing it in chunks because I didn’t get an email until last week with a deadline of February 14