NIH Loan Repayment Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello all. My status changed to ‘pending IRG review’ does anyone happen to know what that means?
Mine too.

FWIW, first time applicant, NCI, health disparities. Never got a financial vetting email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m a first time nida lrp submission and my status also just changed to ‘pending IRG review.’ I did go through the financial vetting in April.

Reactions: 1 user
First time NINDS LRP submission. My status also changed to 'Pending IRG Review,' and I haven't gone through the financial vetting process yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the Verify Payment button this afternoon (it wasn't there at 1pm but was there at 5:30pm) for a NIA Health Disparities renewal so all you NIA folks, go check eRA Commons!

I'm a first time applicant- extramural LRP pediatric research through NICHD. My application status in era Commons still reads "pending IRG review" but I've seen others from NICHD already recieve their awards (clinical research and pediatric research). I haven't received any emails about funding vetting. Wondering what others think... is this a bad sign that I'm not going to receive funding for this year? Or is there still hope? Thanks for the insight :)

First time NCI. I had my status change to ‘pending IRG review' the other day. I had financial vetting back in the Spring. Sometime in the past hour the Verify Payments button appeared for me.
So other NCI folks, I guess you should also check.
:)

Reactions: 1 users
Quick update for NIDA applicants - I just checked my commons and my loan documents button from financial review has disappeared! Hoping it's a good sign...

Quick update for NIDA applicants - I just checked my commons and my loan documents button from financial review has disappeared! Hoping it's a good sign...
I just had the same thing happen! Fingers crossed!

My NIA HD renewal email came through this morning! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Verify payment button appeared sometime this morning for my NIDA renewal! So looks like NIDA is moving along now - best of luck to those who are waiting for news!

Also got a verify payment button for my first time NIDA app today!

Has anyone heard from NCI yet? I had the verify payment button show up on Wednesday, but haven't gotten an email yet. Has anyone had the verify payment button show up and then not get awarded?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from NCI yet? I had the verify payment button show up on Wednesday, but haven't gotten an email yet. Has anyone had the verify payment button show up and then not get awarded?
Saaaame. Weds morning button was there - and is still there. And no email. Nobody is posting @NIHLRP Twitter about NCI awards yet, so I don't think we're missing out. But I was hoping we'd have exciting news going into the weekend.

Saaaame. Weds morning button was there - and is still there. And no email. Nobody is posting @NIHLRP Twitter about NCI awards yet, so I don't think we're missing out. But I was hoping we'd have exciting news going into the weekend.
Agreed. I kept looking back through and other ICs appear to post about their official email coming two days after the "magic button" appearance. So I am also hoping to have something good to head into the weekend.

Agreed. I kept looking back through and other ICs appear to post about their official email coming two days after the "magic button" appearance. So I am also hoping to have something good to head into the weekend.
Good to know others are in the same boat! I saw one person post on twitter this morning about an award from NCI but it was for clinical research and I applied through health disparities. Guessing at this point we'll have to wait until next week...

Maybe renewals receive award notice before new apps? This today post is NCI health disparities 3x renewal

Really struggling to study for pathology board exam while stalking internet for LRP updates 😅

Has anyone heard from NCCIH? I am making the assumption it’s a no for me this year; already preparing to reapply. I just haven’t seen anyone hearing from NCCIH about anything. Weird!

Got my official email this morning. 1st time NCI. Surreal. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I got my official email for a new award from NIDA early this morning! 🎉🎉🎉

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what it means that my status just changed from "Council review completed" to "Pending IRG review"? I haven't been financially vetted.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what it means that my status just changed from "Council review completed" to "Pending IRG review"? I haven't been financially vetted.
I have no clue what this means but I'm in the same boat- mine has said Pending IRG review for about a week now. Also haven't been financially vetted. I'm wondering if it's getting sent to a secondary IC for review that has more funding available? Not really sure how it works but I'm staying hopeful!

I have no clue what this means but I'm in the same boat- mine has said Pending IRG review for about a week now. Also haven't been financially vetted. I'm wondering if it's getting sent to a secondary IC for review that has more funding available? Not really sure how it works but I'm staying hopeful!
Ah, that would be amazing! I already gave up hope and am preparing my app for November, and then I saw this update and now im wondering what is up. Fingers crossed!!! Keep me updated, and I will do the same! GOOD LUCK!

NIDA is taking its sweet time sending out the first LRP payment this year! The website says payments are issued "within two weeks of the end of the quarter" (9/30) but it's been over 2 weeks already. Anyone know when payments are expected to go out?

NIDA is taking its sweet time sending out the first LRP payment this year! The website says payments are issued "within two weeks of the end of the quarter" (9/30) but it's been over 2 weeks already. Anyone know when payments are expected to go out?
It's not just NIDA. And actually, my payment from last quarter (May-August) hasn't even gone out yet. Soon I'll be 2 behind. I emailed them, but didn't get much info.

I'm also behind (waiting for my last payment of my initial contract and first payment of my renewal)... I contacted them in early Oct and they said:

"Due to end of fiscal year reconciliation, payments will not be released until late October or early November. This applies to all LRP awardees."

You also need to make sure your statement balance is not "stale." In the old system, I used to get emails to upload my balance document. I have not gotten such emails with this new system and was essentially told to just upload my balance quarterly, regardless if I get an email prompt from them, to make sure the balance is updated.

I'm also behind (waiting for my last payment of my initial contract and first payment of my renewal)... I contacted them in early Oct and they said:

"Due to end of fiscal year reconciliation, payments will not be released until late October or early November. This applies to all LRP awardees."

You also need to make sure your statement balance is not "stale." In the old system, I used to get emails to upload my balance document. I have not gotten such emails with this new system and was essentially told to just upload my balance quarterly, regardless if I get an email prompt from them, to make sure the balance is updated.
Thank you! This is very helpful info! Much appreciated.

Yep. This just happened to me yesterday. After being told "not to worry" and that payments would eventually start, I received an email (after another inquiry) that my balance was stale and they needed an updated statement.

Yep. This just happened to me yesterday. After being told "not to worry" and that payments would eventually start, I received an email (after another inquiry) that my balance was stale and they needed an updated statement.
Same here! I had uploaded updated loan statements in early October and was just asked to submit updated statements again "in order to release the quarter payments."

Thank god I randomly looked at this bc my site supervisor said "unknown" and the docs I had uploaded were gone!

I am a first-time applicant and I was wondering if there is any particular status change that would be a good or bad sign? Or I am just waiting until March or later for a financial vetting email? (My status is currently ‘pending IRG review').

These are typically not even reviewed until Feb/Mar, and the entire federal budget is in limbo right now due to yet another continuing resolution + election year. It's not even worth checking until a few more months from now, at the earliest. Good luck!

These are typically not even reviewed until Feb/Mar, and the entire federal budget is in limbo right now due to yet another continuing resolution + election year. It's not even worth checking until a few more months from now, at the earliest. Good luck!
This is really helpful. Thank you!

Alrighty it’s March. Let’s get these reviews goin! I just got a ND on my K so I’d really appreciate this LRP 😁

Is everyone’s status still “pending IRG review”? Last year, my review was completed by mid/late March. I hope this doesn’t have anything to do with federal budget issues…eek.

Is everyone’s status still “pending IRG review”? Last year, my review was completed by mid/late March. I hope this doesn’t have anything to do with federal budget issues…eek.
Yep. I have a renewal in this year, but the year I got my award, I heard back about financial review the second week of may so I think there is always some variability about the timeline

Mine still says "Pending IRG review" but the status date updated to 04/08/2024 (from 12/06/2023). No other changes.

Mine also has the 4/08/2024 status date change with unchanged Pending IRG review message. Hopefully this means some other updates are forthcoming soon.

I also have the same Pending IRG review status - the date updated was 3/20/2024

Got an email this morning that my LRP application was selected for financial review. This is a new LRP clinical research application to NIMH.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Email for financial review this am - NCI CR renewal.

• Love
Email for financial review this AM too - NCI new application

• Love
I didn’t get an email but I have an “Add additional materials” button on my status, with an option to add loan documents. Is this a good sign?! Or does everyone have this?

I didn’t get an email but I have an “Add additional materials” button on my status, with an option to add loan documents. Is this a good sign?! Or does everyone have this?
I received the add loan documents option as well (NHLBI-New Application), with no email yet.

I think it's a good sign. Last year that option showed up two days before the "financial review" email for me.

Got an email this morning that my LRP application was selected for financial review. This is a new LRP clinical research application to NIMH.
Good luck! Does yours say that the review was completed? I also submitted a new application for LRP CR, but didn't hear anything for this year so far. I have no idea if they have multiple review sessions.. mine still says pending IRG review.

I also did not receive an email, but checked my status and have the "Add additional materials" option to add loan documents. NHLBI new application. Fingers crossed!