NIH Research/Publishing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swifteagle43

Lover- not a fighter
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard of the national institute of health? One of my professors asked me if I was interested in a stipen to help him with some research.

I think this might be a good chance to strike oil(get published). Anyone heard of this stuff? He said he got some kinda grant from the government. Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

swifteagle43 said:
Anybody heard of the national institute of health? One of my professors asked me if I was interested in a stipen to help him with some research.

I think this might be a good chance to strike oil(get published). Anyone heard of this stuff? He said he got some kinda grant from the government. Anyone?

The NIH, located in Bethesda, MD is one of the biggest govt sources of medical research grant funds. Your prof will have had to have a grant proposal for his research already approved to get a grant, so at least some third party physician reviewers have indicated that the research is useful and should be funded. The research thus may result in one or more papers, but I guess the question for you is whether it will get to that stage in a time frame that helps you. Should be good paid research experience at any rate. Congrats.

national institute of health?? sounds fishy. probably some bogus money-making scam.

Members don't see this ad :)
The vast majority of academic biomedical research in the US is funded via NIH grants. Most people who get paid for lab work in the biomedical sciences are paid from NIH grant funds.

It sounds like you have a great opportunity but don't be too impressed with yourself.

swifteagle43 said:

Google it..

Last edited:
What a tool.

MWillie said:
I know I am a an idiot uncle F***ER but what can I do?

Dude take it easy. Don't beat yourself up.