No luck with interviews! OM#G

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imthatoneguy86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm an applicant from West Coast, small school with home NS program, who is applying this year. I have some restrictions about where I can live so I had to sort of pick only east coast and west coast schools which totalled around 40 programs. In the beginning I was getting a few interviews ( University of Virginia, Penn State, and Henry Ford) but in the last week and a half I have pretty much been overlooked by every program that has sent out interviews to other applicants. My stats are decent, not amazing:

Step 1: 246
Step 2: wont be in
Publications: 1 Book Chapter in Spine, 1 Manuscript in JNS, and 2 Poster Boards on cranial based stuff.
Did 1 away rotation at a top tier program and got letter from chairman, and got 3 letters from home program.

I guess there isn't really anything I can do at this point, but is it just my stats that are causing me to not get interviews? I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing something similar, because I'm freaking out. Also is there a chance schools will send second round of invites or is that it? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry. I have very similar stats and I was in your exact position last week (and looks like we're interviewing at similar schools too!). But then yesterday I got like 3 invites, after a dry spell of about a week. So I think it's really up and down on a day-to-day basis with interviews.