Noise Cancelling Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rls303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently an MS2 and our schedule is starting to get pretty crazy as well as the imminent board prep that is about to ensue.

I made the foolish decision to move my apartment to an area where there are a lot of children (big park in front of my room). I usually do not like to listen to music when I am studying, so that is out as I cannot concentrate.

Ear plugs usually have a hard time staying in me, and I am so paranoid about getting an infection especially after Micro.

I had the Bose headphones at one stage, but that did not turn out so well when I was taking my MCAT, ears were completely swollen and painful within 20 minutes.

Does anyone have any remedies for something that is not so hard on the ears but works to cancel noise? I am not technologically very informed so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

move out. or study when it's not so noisy in the park. or go to a library (if u can concentrate there)/ a friend's place where it's quiet. or move out :D

Children have resistance to noise cancellation headphones. They simply won't work - don't waste your money on them. Just get used to the noise and study, or play classical music. If neither works, move to a library - university or public.

I have a nice little park infront of me too. The little kids play all day and the drunk teenagers come out at night.
I bought some noise canceling headphones.
Dont listen to music when studying either, but have it on binaural sounds to drawn out the noise.
Works great for long hours with a good set of headphones.

Members don't see this ad :)
The hearos purple earplugs ones are pretty comfortable, but I know what you mean.
You could turn on a fan or get one of those white noise phone apps to drown out background noise. Or turn on your bathroom/kitchen exhaust fans too.

Think the latter is better than wearing heaphones for long periods as they'll all get pretty uncomfortable after a while I'd imagine.

Learn to deal with distraction.

Your real exam might have construction outside or people walking around behind you, etc.

Your goal shouldn't be to eliminate it, but to embrace it.

How do you embrace a distraction? :mad:

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2