non-science majors and DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russiagirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, how in the world do you non-science majors do well on the DAT??? It boggles my mind? How do you even understand the questions without a solid foundation in the sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

I majored in BIO and it was my worst section on the dat. My upper-level bio courses didn't help me at all really. And well the other sciences I took were the same that non-science majors took as pre-reqs for the DAT. So I don't think majoring in science really helps that much.

Majored in chemistry however, would probably help.

Psychology major, TS of 22. Non-science majors....if you are self-stigmatizing it is time to STOP :laugh:! The UD Bio classes help but I got most of my foundation from my LD classes, the Campbell textbooks, Kaplan BB, OSL, and Destroyer. You can do it, just have to know how and what to study...good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As another poster said, unless you majored in chem it's unlikely that a science major helped you much. It's not as though anyone comes out of a bio degree having memorized their genbio textbook, after all. I'm a great bio student, but since anatomy wasn't a bio major class in my school (it's a nursing class), and we skimped on plant and eco/enviro stuff in my genbio class (and I never took them as electives, because I prefer molecular), I don't know half the bio on the DAT.

It goes like that.

well I'm not a bio major and at first things looked grim but as I went over the kaplan Bio stuff several times and taking top score tests my scores improved a lot. I also took A&P just for fun thinking it might help me in dental school but it actually covered a lot of stuff that you need to know for the DAT.