Non-science prof LOR writer left University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksparrow1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few LOR in interfolio from a couple of years ago when I was going to apply for the first time to Med. I am switching out or having most of the writers update their letters with a new date just so that it is more current. However, my non-science prof that wrote my letter last year no longer works at the school and became the CSO at a start up company so she is not affiliated with the university at all.

Should I keep the LOR she wrote last year while she was still at the university (I am applying 2024-2025) that is still under the university letter head or can she update the letter under the letter head at her start up (since she can't use university anymore) but just state that she was my non science prof in her letter? We continued doing some psych research after I graduated and did a poster presentation so I was hoping she could write more on the letter but I don't want to cause issues with the schools that require a non-science prof letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Her start up probably has official letter head, so ask her to change it to that if you actually need to update the letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.