Non-traditional extracurricular activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am applying to pharmacy school as a non trad student. I did some healthcare related voluteer work in 2002-2007 would that be something that I can write in the Extracurricular activities section of my Pharmcas application, or is that too far back? I shadowed a doctor for about 50 hours and volunteered in a free medical clinic for the poor for another 50 hours.

I really can't do any voluteering now since I am already working as a pharm tech

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am applying to pharmacy school as a non trad student. I did some healthcare related voluteer work in 2002-2007 would that be something that I can write in the Extracurricular activities section of my Pharmcas application, or is that too far back? I shadowed a doctor for about 50 hours and volunteered in a free medical clinic for the poor for another 50 hours.

I really can't do any voluteering now since I am already working as a pharm tech

Thanks in advance.
I'm also a nontraditional student and applied this year. I did put extracurricular activities when I was an undergrad back in 2005-2007 in my application. I don't think anything is wrong with that since it is part of your college years.

I have a friend who is a non-traditional student. He studied IR and global politics, undergrad and masters. He applied to, and got into two prestigious Phd programs before deciding medicine. Can this be included in the activities sections?

I have a friend who is a non-traditional student. He studied IR and global politics, undergrad and masters. He applied to, and got into two prestigious Phd programs before deciding medicine. Can this be included in the activities sections?
Extracurriculum activities include clubs, volunteer experiences, community service, etc. what you mentioned does not fall into these categories.