Non traditional student - question about sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmcunnin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a non traditional business student making a career change to dentistry, and I'm just starting prerequisites. I started out in pre-med way back in 2004, but switched to business. When I did that, I had to take a few of the basic sciences to complete the business curriculum. The way they have it set up at my university is science courses for science majors and they have those same science courses for non science majors. I took the ones for non science majors, and my question is will those classes still count towards my sGPA? I'm assuming they will, but just checking. I made a B in the Biology course and a C in the Chemistry course, but I am now retaking those courses..obviously the one for science majors this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

They should count under sGPA, talk to the pre-health adviser at your school. They might have better information on your schools classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter what the pre-health advisor says. In my experience with AADSAS, it's all about what they say, not the dental schools or your undergrad institution. If those science classes that you took were under a science department, you can bet that they will be counted.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure they will count. Oh well, I'll just focus on getting the best possible grades this time around.

Does anyone know when calculating the sGPA how does it work if your school doesn't offer A+ or A-..they simply offer an A? Or can anyone link me to a thread explaining how to calculate it? I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for

Please disregard, I found it on ASDA website