Nontraditional Networking (Post Your AIM and/or Skype ID)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mishabella56

MardiDoc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all my nontrad friends! It's been a while since I have been on, last semester about killed me. Genetics kicked my butt!

I just wanted to know if there are ever any meet ups the are organized for non-trads. I know we all have the pre-med clubs at our universities, but hanging out with a bunch of 19 year olds is getting old (respectively.) :)

I am in northern San Diego and am attending Cal Poly Pomona for my undergrad (anyone else going to Cal Poly?!?!) . Hopefully I will be done with everything this coming spring, 2012, and can have my applications done by the end of this year. I feel that getting to know a couple local non-trads might inspire some motivation that I have been lacking this pass year. It's been a hard one.

Anyways, thanks guys for all the support that is shown on these boards. Make a girl feel good that there's such inspirational people out there! Keep up the good work!

Misha
AIM angel67889 (eh, just in case there are chat-ers out there) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Real world meetups would be tough since we're all so spread out and busy, but I like the idea of virtual meetups via AIM. Misha, would you mind if we made this thread a place where people can post their AIM names and contact each other to network and find virtual buddies/mentors? If you don't want us to do that here, I'll create a new thread for this. If you're ok with it, can I change the title of the thread to reflect the new use?

For anyone who's interested, my AIM name is QofQuimica. PM me if you want to be able to chat, since you won't be able to IM me unless I add you to my friends list first.

Members don't see this ad :)
AIM = topaztheringer6

Man, I haven't been on AIM in like 10 years. Anyone use Skype?

People don't use Vent anymore? Man, I don't know how many late nights I lost to raiding.

Anyway, I'm "hsmbrly" on AIM.

Yes, vent is usually used. :) I used skype in my guild about 3 years ago for a bit because we didn't have our own vent server.

Also, I've been gaming since atari and own every system. Been playing wow for 6 yrs. Of course, I take breaks for important things in school (public service announcement: don't let gaming ruin you life!). I'm pretty sure gaming will stop come August. Or I'll have to quit WoW at least. Too time consuming.

I fired up the old AIM account and added everyone so far haha.

Mine is IncompleteKnave

Members don't see this ad :)
I created a StudyShy Skype account. :)

I'm just waiting for one of those young whippersnappers to come in and say, "What's AIM?"

NPR had something on a week or so ago about how quickly technology becomes obsolete, and someone didn't even know what a PDA was ("You mean public display of affection?").

Real world meetups would be tough since we're all so spread out and busy, but I like the idea of virtual meetups via AIM. Misha, would you mind if we made this thread a place where people can post their AIM names and contact each other to network and find virtual buddies/mentors? If you don't want us to do that here, I'll create a new thread for this. If you're ok with it, can I change the title of the thread to reflect the new use?

For anyone who's interested, my AIM name is QofQuimica. PM me if you want to be able to chat, since you won't be able to IM me unless I add you to my friends list first.

That actually sounds great!! :)
AIM Angel67889 :) can't wait to meet some great people!!

Added everyone :thumbup:

Also, I know we are spread out, but if there are Floridians that are interested in having a meetup, I'd be up for it. I live in N. Florida, my husband lives in C. Florida, and I'm going to med school (starting August) in S. Florida... So basically I'm all over Florida all the time (but usually at Disney)! :)

Added everyone :thumbup:

Also, I know we are spread out, but if there are Floridians that are interested in having a meetup, I'd be up for it. I live in N. Florida, my husband lives in C. Florida, and I'm going to med school (starting August) in S. Florida... So basically I'm all over Florida all the time (but usually at Disney)! :)
I'd be up for it. Maybe Orlando or Tampa so it's more or less in the middle? FL is just such a freaking huge state!

I have vent for SWG and for STO.

but no AIM. guess I'll go get an account :p

That actually sounds great!! :)
AIM Angel67889 :) can't wait to meet some great people!!
Ok, I fixed the title of the thread so that people will know what it is. Also wanted to suggest that we run this thread the same way that you folks are doing the interview and acceptance threads (i.e., where each person adds themselves and copies all of the previous people so that we have one megalist in the most recent post). I'll get the people who have posted so far, and please, those of you who add yourselves in the future should add yourselves to this master list in alphabetical order by user ID.

========Update Instructions (Don't Delete)==========

1. Click "QUOTE" in THE MOST RECENT LIST.
2. Remove the quote tags at the beginning and end of the message. Those are the (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) but with brackets in place of the parentheses.
3. Add yourself in alphabetical order, and bold your name so it is easy for others to see. Then add your chat or skype ID. Specify which type of ID it is in parentheses.
4. Write what you did in the title at the top.
5. If you think you might mess it up, just ask to be added!

eablackwell: Eablackwell82 (AIM)
familyaerospace: CelestriaS (AIM)
fizzgig: topaztheringer6 (AIM)
mauberley: hsmbrly (AIM)
Mishabella56: angel67889 (AIM)
QofQuimica: QofQuimica (AIM)--PM me to be added to my friends list.
Quik: quikr12 (AIM)

Added StudyShy! :)

2. Remove the quote tags at the beginning and end of the message. Those are the (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) but with brackets in place of the parentheses.
3. Add yourself in alphabetical order, and bold your name so it is easy for others to see. Then add your chat or skype ID. Specify which type of ID it is in parentheses.

StudyShy: StudyShy (Skype)

I'm just waiting for one of those young whippersnappers to come in and say, "What's AIM?"

Yeah, seriously. ;) Though these days I don't really use AIM much if at all. The little I do use IM it's using gchat. If anyone would rather go through that to get in touch with me, PM me.

Also, I've padded out my mdapplicants.com profile a bit to help those that might be looking for someone with similar experiences or backgrounds. Short story: I've been an engineer for the last 7+ years.

Salient: IncompleteKnave (AIM) neverborn12 (Skype)

jissho: offthachain (AIM)

Can't do the copy/paste bit cause my bberry is ancient and I won't be at a pc til monday - but its violentdayzie on skype when I do get back. Its also an old videogaming moniker that's stuck with me for over a decade. :p

Wow, haven't used AIM in a long time. Screen name is kevwriter2. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

FlusteredGrad: kevwriter2 (AIM)
StudyShy: StudyShy (Skype)[/QUOTE]

Party in TAMPA!! lol I'll be the whipper-snapper and say no yahoo or google...Otherwise I will just get on the band wagon and create an AIM.

Wholeheartedly: stormchaser997 (AIM)

I had a moment where I was thinking, "AIM, I haven't used that forever. Doesn't everyone use google chat now?" but before I forgot my age, I remembered ICQ.....

mommy2three: mommyangelg (AIM), anne_c74 (yahoo)

I had a moment where I was thinking, "AIM, I haven't used that forever. Doesn't everyone use google chat now?" but before I forgot my age, I remembered ICQ.....

32796655. Don't ask me why I remember that.

I thought of putting in gchat but since that's using my real name, well. PM me if any of you prefer it.

mommy2three: mommyangelg (AIM), anne_c74 (yahoo)
EMT2ER-DOC: efars1 (yahoo messenger)