nontraditional student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ganjpk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok.
I am 37yrs old.2kids.outof touch for 12 yrs.
I mustered up the courage to takeupthe ndbe part 1.been through lots of twists nturns.am sure everyone goes through different story .but they do want to pursue their dreams in the end.
Is there anyone out there in similar situation.I am in need of lots of encouragement .:(
Thank you and God bless

Members don't see this ad.

Ok.
I am 37yrs old.2kids.outof touch for 12 yrs.
I mustered up the courage to takeupthe ndbe part 1.been through lots of twists nturns.am sure everyone goes through different story .but they do want to pursue their dreams in the end.
Is there anyone out there in similar situation.I am in need of lots of encouragement .:(
Thank you and God bless
Hi there.,... Sailing in the same boat n giving my exam in September.... Just keep the good faith.... There's no age of studying or chasing your dreams... Specially in America ... Good luck.

I'm in the same boat. Need encouragement and want to start over. I'm in my thirties as well but feel I'm not young enough to do it. Don't know how to push my self to fulfill the dream I have. I understand your feelings and I live it everyday but not sure if I would do it one day before it's too late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pari stl
Thanks for thr encouragement.
How many hours do u manage to study.I have yet to submit everything from scratch.
:(
Good luck for your exams.
How to get recommendation letters since we
havebeen out of the loop .
Mamamira , am in my late thirties as well.
Guess once u r in it to achieve we will forget the age.:)

i am 34 cleared part 1
toefl 102
gpa 3.63
applied to six schools waiting for response
mustering courage to study for part2 alongwith my clinical practice:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
i had doubts about my age but with reassurance of friends and support of my wife i have made up my mind to do dds.

Hi there everyone.....I used to feel the same way plus I used to feel I am not one among those few hundreds who do best n ace nbde."..
BUT my mantra is YOU DONT KNOW.... FACT IS I STUDIED SO HARD IN MY COLLEGE DAYS....I close my eyes n think about those days... I don't know if I will clear or not ...but I do know that if I studied half like what I studied in college then I am proud of my hardwork..... Just focus on shard work n rest leave it on god....
In begnings I was studying full time... Taking 10-12 hours...but I soon drained out...and could not focus...so it's important not to drain out...be consistent...do usual things in between....and try to sit at least 4-5 hrs every day...not in stretch but like in fragments ...taking breaks In between ....good luck to all

Hi dentalpx
i am 34 cleared part 1
toefl 102
gpa 3.63
mustering courage to study for part2 alongwith my clinical practice:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

my exam is in a month .... N iam still doing my revisions... Left with anatomy and bio,physio revisions.
How much time should I spend on Asda papers. I have side by side started solving papers for da dh and micro path...
I am scoring almost 65% in them ... Is it bad and how bad..though I am trying to reach 70- 75% but not there yet.
Should I keep doing Asda papers in evening and theory in morning or should spend time in theory and leave papers for whatever time is left in the end.... Please help as you have already given your part one.what should I do....

i am 34 cleared part 1
toefl 102
gpa 3.63
i had doubts about my age but with reassurance of friends and support of my wife i have made up my mind to do dds.
do not think about age, some are more aged than you and still trying for DDS. So work hard and keep your hopes and aspirations high , you will make it

Reactions: 1 user
Pari stl
Thanks for thr encouragement.
How many hours do u manage to study.I have yet to submit everything from scratch.
:(
Good luck for your exams.
How to get recommendation letters since we
havebeen out of the loop .
Mamamira , am in my late thirties as well.
Guess once u r in it to achieve we will forget the age.:)
I sincerely don't know right now , my recommendations I had previously are old ...now even my dean is no more... I think the experience n recommendations here in usa are more valued... I think one has to get back to people n teachers and colleagues they know back ... If I get to that stage...I will surely share with you...

Please help me.... I am wasting my time not knowing what should I do... Asda papers or first finish revisions...or side by side everything...one more question how long it takes to finish Asda papers approx

Dear all,I am in same boat too,Get to study on and off.Need someone to encourage me and we can study or even discuss together.

If there is a will, there's a way. Age is not a factor in this equation, best of luck all.

Reactions: 1 user