Northwestern vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsa21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a difficult time ranking these two programs. Academically I feel that Northwestern is stronger, but I thought the clinical exposure at NYU would be worthwhile. What do you guys think? I still don't know where I want to settle post residency so should that influence my decision making?

Members don't see this ad.

I am having a difficult time ranking these two programs. Academically I feel that Northwestern is stronger, but I thought the clinical exposure at NYU would be worthwhile. What do you guys think? I still don't know where I want to settle post residency so should that influence my decision making?

What city do you want to live in for residency?

You'll be fine at either program.

i thought you wanted to stay in LA.. arent you from usc?

Members don't see this ad :)
I probably will settle down in Los Angeles. But right now, I'm cool with moving around the country. Thanks for being concerned. Hah.

Dude, I don't know. I saw this documentary a few weeks ago. It was some film shot by this guy on his camcorder that was eventually found in what used to be in Central Park, but is now called "Incident Site U.S. 447". I don't know, man. New York City looked pretty busted up. A bunch of people died in this film, too. I don't think there's gonna be much of place left to do residency. You may want to stick to Chicago.

-copro