Notebooks vs. Binders

D

deleted316655

I was just wondering what everyone uses, notebooks or binders. I personally prefer notebooks, but I know that a lot of people like binders. So what do you use and why?

Members don't see this ad.

As I started high school, I was a naturally organized person, but not neat with everything, so I never used a notebook for much; it was mainly binders for me until 11th grade when I started my harder classes. There are more notes to take in these last 2 years, and just taking out a peace of looseleaf paper won't cut it because that ends up being too many pages to keep up with in my binder(s).

Now I use actually notebooks for taking notes. A separate notebook for each class as needed or a multi-subject one helps keep the organization. I use binders to hold everything else because I don't get the fancy notebooks with pockets. A 1" binder and notebook gets me through a class for the year usually.

That might be too much...I might try the backpack technique this year-just throw everything in there and keep movin...

depends on the class..

ochem1=binder
anatomy=binder
history to 1877=notebook

lol

Members don't see this ad :)
As I started high school, I was a naturally organized person, but not neat with everything, so I never used a notebook for much; it was mainly binders for me until 11th grade when I started my harder classes. There are more notes to take in these last 2 years, and just taking out a peace of looseleaf paper won't cut it because that ends up being too many pages to keep up with in my binder(s).

Now I use actually notebooks for taking notes. A separate notebook for each class as needed or a multi-subject one helps keep the organization. I use binders to hold everything else because I don't get the fancy notebooks with pockets. A 1" binder and notebook gets me through a class for the year usually.

That might be too much...I might try the backpack technique this year-just throw everything in there and keep movin...

haha. I think the backpack technique is the best one.

I was just wondering what everyone uses, notebooks or binders. I personally prefer notebooks, but I know that a lot of people like binders. So what do you use and why?

High school: don't really remember.

College: five-subject spiral notebook. Used it for EVERYTHING... loved having everything I would study for an exam right there in front of me. Was never a book guy.

notebook for in-class lectures.

multicolored pen and huge binder for recopying after class.

multi-colored-ball-pen.jpg

A binder for each subject with a section for handouts and a section in the back full of notebook paper for notes.

This concept usually falls apart during spring when I just start stuffing everything into it.

A binder for each subject with a section for handouts and a section in the back full of notebook paper for notes.

This concept usually falls apart during spring when I just start stuffing everything into it.

High school. No clue. I don't remember. College. Both. Buy a notebook that can fit in your binder. Take notes in the notebook and put all hw and handouts in the binder. win win.

High school- binder

College- notebook.

In high school i prefered binders since i had the same class everyday....

In college i switched to notebooks since you have one class 2-3 times a week at most...i like to keep a light bag load.

I didn't use either in high School, maybe some multi-colored pocket folders. I probably did not take it seriously enough :p

But seriously during college, a separate binder for every class was super helpful for keeping handouts and assignments/homework organized. Don't forget to buy a 3-hole punch!! Notebooks usually weren't that great because most of my classes had said handouts that were more easily stored in binders.

Hm.. in the 11th grade, i tried using separate binders where i stored assignments, and paper for taking notes; however, it got pretty messy and disorganized by winter time.

For my 12th year, i plan on having separate binders ONLY for assignments, handouts and what not, and have a different coiled notebook for note taking for each respective class. Hopefully this will keep me more organized =P

give me a 5 subject and I'm good :cool: I don't even take a book bag to school :D

I used a separate binder for each subject, usually without dividers for different sections, stuffed full of blank loose-leaf from the very start. Handouts, returned work, tests etc. would get stuffed either behind the last page and the back of the binder, or into pockets if there were any. I kept a separate folder for homework assignments and spare paper, which usually ended up becoming hugely bloated with general crap and needed to be purged a few times over the year.

It sounds really disorganized, but I can find things pretty easily if it's arranged chronologically, and I didn't usually re-read my notes for studying. And I like binders over notebooks because I have the option to add or rearrange in any way I want. Pus, no crinkly edges to clean up!

As for what I'll do in college... No idea, as of yet. Probably start with the same system and see how it turns out.