NOVA (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) or Midwestern (Glendale, Arizona) for Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rahsrivastava

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have received interview requests from both NOVA and Midwestern (Arizona Campus) for DENTAL School. I will probably go to both schools for the interview, but right now cannot figure out which school and location would be best to spend my 4 years. Both Schools will cost be about 410 grand if you include tuition, books, living expenses etc.

What are your thoughts, where would you go, why? I am looking qualities that include, the school, the program, the city, the state, weather, city infrastructure, quality of life, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about this right now. Attend both interviews and see how you feel about the location while you're there. Get a feel for their clinical environment, and talk to other students there about the city/school and quality of life. Don't worry about this until after you've gotten your acceptances. You don't want to hold any reservations towards any school before you get there. Keep an open mind and approach each school with a fresh perspective. Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
You better start with apartment hunting too..

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Jumping the gun a little, chief.

Reactions: 3 users
I am also still thinking of adding NOVA to my list. I applied to Midwestern AZ already. I hope someone actually answers your questions here instead of just telling you to hope to gain an acceptance from either school. Not that helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also still thinking of adding NOVA to my list. I applied to Midwestern AZ already. I hope someone actually answers your questions here instead of just telling you to hope to gain an acceptance from either school. Not that helpful.
Yeah, I'm not trying to be cocky about getting into both schools and having to decide 5 months before I even find out if I am accepted or denied. I'm just trying to be proactive. $400 000 is ALOT of MONEY! If I had asked the same question in December or January I am sure there would be people saying "you found out that you had an interview in July, you should have done your research ahead of time."

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I'm not trying to be cocky about getting into both schools and having to decide 5 months before I even find out if I am accepted or denied. I'm just trying to be proactive. $400 000 is ALOT of MONEY! If I had asked the same question in December or January I am sure there would be people saying "you found out that you had an interview in July, you should have done your research ahead of time."
Exactly

I interviewed at both schools and enjoyed MWU much more than Nova, but I also know people that enjoyed Nova more, so it really comes down to how you feel about the schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Right, but you only spend the $400,000 when you decide to attend Nova or Midwestern. Presumably, in 5 months from now, you will have visited, interviewed at, and gotten into both of those schools. Visits and interviews are to help you decide if the school is right for you and vice versa. Unless you're considering saving money by not attending one of these interviews, this thread seems very early. Not that you don't have the right to ask or think ahead, but it's definitely early and a lot could change between now and December.
Who knows, maybe you'll end up somewhere completely different and cheaper!

Wait until you interview, learn more about the programs, have a chance to see the area, then decide which is a better fit for you.