NOVA POP OR REAPPLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OD2B/

Reaction score
NOVA Pre Optometry program or should I reapply this coming cycle?

I was offered a spot in the pre optometry program where a GPA over 3.0 needs to be obtained for both semesters, if not you are kicked out of the program. However if you succeed you are automatically offered a spot in the next years incoming class.

I applied late in this cycle but was offered 4 interviews, all of which resulted in a no or a waitlist spot. I'm considering doing the pre op program and reapplying anyway? Let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

How is your OAT score and GPA? If you don't do the POP program, would you consider retaking the OAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would do POP if I were you. Considering you did a Post Bac you shoul be able to get the needed GPA to get offered a spot.

undergrad gpa: 2.5 post bacc: 3.6 // OAT 330
I would continue taking courses if need be but not retake the OAT

your OAT is good. is there a specific school you really want to attend? I personally would do POP because you will be automatically into their opt program and no need to interview again

your OAT is good. is there a specific school you really want to attend? I personally would do POP because you will be automatically into their opt program and no need to interview again
youre right, and no need of applying again which is super time consuming. My top choices were SUNY and NECO.

I would do POP if I were you. Considering you did a Post Bac you shoul be able to get the needed GPA to get offered a spot.
oh okay thank you! im just bummed about the uncertainty, it makes me want to apply to schools just in case I dont make it through the pop program.

I was offered a spot in the pre optometry program where a GPA over 3.0 needs to be obtained for both semesters, if not you are kicked out of the program. However if you succeed you are automatically offered a spot in the next years incoming class.

I applied late in this cycle but was offered 4 interviews, all of which resulted in a no or a waitlist spot. I'm considering doing the pre op program and reapplying anyway? Let me know what you think.
Going through POP was the best thing I could have ever done considering my certain circumstances. It truly helped me to prepare for OD1. Good luck! 😊

Reactions: 1 users

I applied late in this cycle but was offered 4 interviews, all of which resulted in a no or a waitlist spot. I'm considering doing the pre op program and reapplying anyway? Let me know what you think
just curious hope you dont mind, I feel like your stats are pretty solid. Did they give you any reason why you were offered POP instead of the traditional?

just curious hope you dont mind, I feel like your stats are pretty solid. Did they give you any reason why you were offered POP instead of the traditional?
I was originally on hold and when I called they told me my scores were too low for traditional but still offered me a pop interview. I think most schools look at overall GPA not undergrad and post bacc separately. I've heard from several schools that the reason behind their admissions decision for me was due to my strong application but low gpa!