Nova Southeastern Ft. Lauderdale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utahpt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am applying to Nova this upcoming cycle and it is in my top choices of schools. Are there any of you currently in the program that could give me some insight about what your experiences have been so far? What do you like about the program? Dislike about the program? What is Ft. Lauderdale like? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

While not in the program, I did apply & my application process with them has been nothing but negative. I never received a response to my application (other than they received it back in November/December). When I emailed early in May, I was told they were finishing reviewing & should send all final notices by the end of the week. 3 weeks later & still nothing. The lack of professionalism between paying the PTCAS fee and their additional application fee really irritates me.

Reactions: 1 user
While not in the program, I did apply & my application process with them has been nothing but negative. I never received a response to my application (other than they received it back in November/December). When I emailed early in May, I was told they were finishing reviewing & should send all final notices by the end of the week. 3 weeks later & still nothing. The lack of professionalism between paying the PTCAS fee and their additional application fee really irritates me.

Fort Lauderdale can be a pricy area to live. Couple that with Nova tuition and while not as pricy as some, could end up costing quite a bit with the COL. Are you in state for Florida?

Members don't see this ad :)

Fort Lauderdale can be a pricy area to live. Couple that with Nova tuition and while not as pricy as some, could end up costing quite a bit with the COL. Are you in state for Florida?
I did think about that aspect as well, I have family that lives about an hour from there so this was part of my reasoning. But no I am from Utah.

Nova has provided positive experiences from clinicians I have talked to from a personal perspective. Talk to them about clinical placement and the matching process before making your decision. They are one of the many few private programs that offer a somewhate manageable debt to income ratio as well as payoff timeframe for your career

Hi I am applying to Nova this upcoming cycle and it is in my top choices of schools. Are there any of you currently in the program that could give me some insight about what your experiences have been so far? What do you like about the program? Dislike about the program? What is Ft. Lauderdale like? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

I am currently in the program, we started on May 22nd so I only have about three weeks worth of experience to reflect upon. So far, I have really enjoyed the program and the people I have had the opportunity to get to know within my cohort. What I like about the program so far is that our first semester is only 4 classes so it is a hard, yet do-able transition from undergrad to grad school. It is a lot more work and a lot of material in a short period of time but it is definitely do-able. The professors genuinely care about the students and want everyone to succeed, which is unlike anything I have experienced before. Our class is already like a family to one another and we have known each other for less than a month. I made the move from the Midwest and feel completely at home here. As far as dislikes, I would say the amount of material for anatomy is overwhelming (yet do-able). The transition from undergrad to grad school is overwhelming no matter where you decide to go. Otherwise, I don't have anything negative of the program so far. Life in Ft. Lauderdale is very fun. There are always things to do and the campus/PT cohorts are very active in organizing pick-up games at the REC. We just had our first anatomy exams this past Monday and took a 15 minutes drive to the beach to relax for a few hours after. It is 30 minutes from Miami as well so your options are endless. Other thoughts, Nova wasn't my number one choice and I really knew nothing about the school, however, I am so happy I chose to attend this school and I would choose it over my original number one choice any day.

I am currently in the program, we started on May 22nd so I only have about three weeks worth of experience to reflect upon. So far, I have really enjoyed the program and the people I have had the opportunity to get to know within my cohort. What I like about the program so far is that our first semester is only 4 classes so it is a hard, yet do-able transition from undergrad to grad school. It is a lot more work and a lot of material in a short period of time but it is definitely do-able. The professors genuinely care about the students and want everyone to succeed, which is unlike anything I have experienced before. Our class is already like a family to one another and we have known each other for less than a month. I made the move from the Midwest and feel completely at home here. As far as dislikes, I would say the amount of material for anatomy is overwhelming (yet do-able). The transition from undergrad to grad school is overwhelming no matter where you decide to go. Otherwise, I don't have anything negative of the program so far. Life in Ft. Lauderdale is very fun. There are always things to do and the campus/PT cohorts are very active in organizing pick-up games at the REC. We just had our first anatomy exams this past Monday and took a 15 minutes drive to the beach to relax for a few hours after. It is 30 minutes from Miami as well so your options are endless. Other thoughts, Nova wasn't my number one choice and I really knew nothing about the school, however, I am so happy I chose to attend this school and I would choose it over my original number one choice any day.
That is super helpful information! Thanks so much. Good luck with the program!