Nova's Supplement App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp4175

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of Nova's questions asks "Describe any special circumstances which you feel might assist the Committee on Admissions in evaluating your application." I am confused as to what they are looking for. Anyone know or have any tips?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Since I already submitted my supp app, I can't see exactly what I wrote, but I believe I included a few words that brought out my humor, included things about the crazy humidity and temps and having to wear a suit. Looking back on it I probably should not have taken such an approach. If I had to do it over again I would include some things that I value like family/outdoor activities and relate it back to the school/South Florida area.
With that said, I did somehow manage to get an interview in September, and ill definitely ask what they thought of my answer and how they got to the decision to interview me.

Hope that helps a little and remember to just be yourself, in my experience people enjoy others that are genuine. Take a breath and jot down what you think is right.

Congrats on your interview in TN.

Cheers.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the help, and thanks! Congrats on your interview as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would being diagnosed with adult ADD/ADHD the summer before senior year be something to mention in this section? Especially if there was a vast improvement in grades after being diagnosed and treated for it...

Since I already submitted my supp app, I can't see exactly what I wrote, but I believe I included a few words that brought out my humor, included things about the crazy humidity and temps and having to wear a suit. Looking back on it I probably should not have taken such an approach. If I had to do it over again I would include some things that I value like family/outdoor activities and relate it back to the school/South Florida area.
With that said, I did somehow manage to get an interview in September, and ill definitely ask what they thought of my answer and how they got to the decision to interview me.

Hope that helps a little and remember to just be yourself, in my experience people enjoy others that are genuine. Take a breath and jot down what you think is right.

Congrats on your interview in TN.

Cheers.
do we have to write 500 words for each question or 500-1000 words for both?

I believe mine were around 500 a piece. I think that requirement is for each. 500 to 1000 words.