NRMP Match Week and SOAP Schedule and Resources Email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych747

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
did everyone got this match week and soap schedule and resources email today at 5:45pm EST?

Members don't see this ad.

keep-calm-relax-and-breathe-1-257x300.png

Reactions: 1 user
Got another "ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat" email, this one from ERAS!?

I got one on Monday and Tuesday. Nothing really important. More about SOAP stuff and hopefully if it comes to that point your school has your back. I know my school got everyone a spot last year. We had like 5 folks who did not match. A couple from for being stupid and not ranking enough programs. And the others overreached and did not provide adequate backup.

"" All Residency Applicants-ERAS 2016 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program(R) (SOAP)(R) ""

Another email today!

This is crazy, this came right after another email today:

"Celebrate Match Week with the NRMP, AAMC, and AMA"

Nah, getting 3rd email and 2nd today is sort of ridiculous

Especially since I'm trying to suppress that the result of what I've been working towards for the better part of a decade gets revealed next week... Thanks for the reminder NRMP, you're right, I might indeed be screwed on Monday

Worry, Monday after 11 am if you do not match. Enjoy your free time while you can! :cryi:

Seriously, none of them mean anything except on Monday and Friday. And adjust accordingly.

If you have to SOAP, just be prepared and go through the process as outlined.

It will work out for ALMOST everyone. Just pray you are not in the OTHER category. :whistle:

Another email, seriously there should have been one email rather than bombarding our inbox with a dozen.

"Go Mobile with NRMP!"

The annual SOAP instructions that gives everyone a heart attack. Good times.

Reactions: 2 users
Emails so far this week:

Mon 3/7: NRMP - Match Week and SOAP Schedule and Resources
Tues 3/8: ERAS - ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat
Wed 3/9: NRMP - Celebrate Match Week with the NRMP, AAMC, and AMA
Wed 3/9: ERAS - All Residency Applicants - ERAS 2016 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program(R) (SOAP)(R)
Thurs 3/10: NRMP - Go Mobile with NRMP!

Given the number of emails I get on a daily basis that I don't care about... I hardly think a few this week will matter. We all know there is no information until Monday. Meanwhile, crack open a beer and watch some TV-- 4th year won't last forever!

Oh crap, did anyone get a message today saying they were SOAP eligible? Does this email mean I did not match? Lol. :help:

This was the first email I got in my junk folder:/-

Oh crap, did anyone get a message today saying they were SOAP eligible? Does this email mean I did not match? Lol. :help:
No, it's information only email informing applicants if God forbid they don't match on Monday, they are eligible to participate in SOAP. Nothing to worry about regarding this email!

No, it's information only email informing applicants if God forbid they don't match on Monday, they are eligible to participate in SOAP. Nothing to worry about regarding this email!

It said on NRMP's Monday email we will receive this email today, so I didn't freak out. (Though getting emails this week wasn't fun)

Mine too. Disturbing to say the least. Never had an issue with any of the other NRMP correspondence.

Exactly that tells maybe it was sent in bulk to all at same time, so we got in spam. Btw mine came earlier, 10:55am CST

This was the first email I got in my junk folder:/-

Me too, which means only one thing, those who got this email in their junk folder means that email is not important for them, because they actually matched!!

just kidding.

Apparently the SOAP eligibility email went to everyone's spam folder. If you look on the R3 site, it will tell you if you're SOAP eligible. According to my dean, you are as long as you're slated to graduate, have certified your list, and your school has blessed you on the NRMP site. Good luck all!!!

What time did everyone get the email, I got at 11:55a

Ooh...bad news man. People who got it before noon are going to have to SOAP. Those who got it after 12 matched.

Mostly my class got before 12, but it's a server issue