NRMP Match Week / SOAP Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lego1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did everyone get this email today? I got it around 5pm CST

Members don't see this ad.

I believe everyone got it. Didn't really give any information we didn't already know though...

Hmm I had 15+ IVs so was surprised to get it and then realized all got it unless am wrong

Haha I think I could use a little heart attack right now on top of it all ;)

Lol stop scaring hundreds browsing SDN with wrong info

My money is on this exact same thread reappearing the 13th when they tell everyone they're eligible for SOAP even tho it's sent to everybody regardless of match status

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I know they sent the same email the Friday before match day. I think match algo hasn't ecen been run yet

Because it is run off the tears of stressed out MS4s

Reactions: 6 users
So what's the actual reason for the delay? Why not let us submit this week if they haven't run it yet, or why not tell us sooner if they have?
ef9ea6862868d67f64fb6f69825e7cdea628c56743c4fb023ad43c5ad257d0df.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
So what's the actual reason for the delay? Why not let us submit this week if they haven't run it yet, or why not tell us sooner if they have?

They run it multiple times to ensure no error etc

I always thought this argument was bull-puckey. It's a computer algorithm. Assuming the inputs stay the same, there should be absolutely zero variation from running it 1 vs 10000000 times.

You right, multiple times is just the word of mouth I heard from few people on forums. In reality am not sure.

I hope 15+ IVs between Neuro and Psyc and enough to match

What happens between rank order list deadline and Match Week?
Between the Rank Order List Deadline and Match Week, the NRMP takes a number of steps to ensure the accuracy of Match results, including:
  • Checking the integrity of the data
  • Final verification of applicants’ credentials
  • Withdrawing applicants who are ineligible for the Match
  • Transferring the data from the R3® system to the matching algorithm module, rechecking the data, processing the algorithm, and transferring data back into the R3 system
  • Verifying the results of a Match and transferring the data into the NRMPdatabases
  • Verifying applicants’ credentials for SOAP® participation
  • Preparing 50,000 individual Match Week reports for applicants and program directors, medical schools

What happens between rank order list deadline and Match Week?
Between the Rank Order List Deadline and Match Week, the NRMP takes a number of steps to ensure the accuracy of Match results, including:
  • Checking the integrity of the data
  • Final verification of applicants’ credentials
  • Withdrawing applicants who are ineligible for the Match
  • Transferring the data from the R3® system to the matching algorithm module, rechecking the data, processing the algorithm, and transferring data back into the R3 system
  • Verifying the results of a Match and transferring the data into the NRMPdatabases
  • Verifying applicants’ credentials for SOAP® participation
  • Preparing 50,000 individual Match Week reports for applicants and program directors, medical schools
So you're basically saying they do nothing. Typical.

;)

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if this has been addressed yet but for those of us who ranked: advanced and categorical year programs do we receive two separate nrmp e-mails on March 16th if we end up matching at an advanced program (pre-lim year and advanced year) or the generic one email?