NS 100 or SN2ED?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EasternMer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should switch over to NS 100. I've been doing SN2ED for about a month and a half, but my recent Diag w/Kaplan was preeeety awful.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people have had success with at least the concept of SN2ED, though the material covered differs in some areas. It's Kaplan's first MCAT2015 test, so I wouldn't say ignore your score, but just adjust your SN2ED to the things you need to work on.

I think the concept between NS100 and SN2ED is essentially the same. Do problems, see what you got wrong, go back and review content that you are struggling with. Rinse and repeat. Just because you get a bad score doesn't mean you radically go try out another schedule in my opinion. You just need to focus more on what you're really doing wrong, whether it's content or thought process. Just stay consistent.

The plans are the same thing. I suggest you don't try to conform to a plan, but use it as a guideline to make your own. I initially tried to conform to SN2ED plan and struggled. I found that taking a day to outline everything I wanted to accomplish was helpful. Use them as framework, but don't feel that the only path to success is something someone else wrote.

I just read the NS100 plan and it seems to basically be similar in structure to Sn2ED; rotating topics, etc. It seems good if you like that material - I personally like the depth of TBR books.

Reactions: 1 user
The plans are the same thing. I suggest you don't try to conform to a plan, but use it as a guideline to make your own. I initially tried to conform to SN2ED plan and struggled. I found that taking a day to outline everything I wanted to accomplish was helpful. Use them as framework, but don't feel that the only path to success is something someone else wrote.

I just read the NS100 plan and it seems to basically be similar in structure to Sn2ED; rotating topics, etc. It seems good if you like that material - I personally like the depth of TBR books.
I found it a struggle to get everything done in SN2ED at first, but now it's a lot better. I just like that it keeps me on track. I don't think I'd have been able to do as balanced a plan on my own.

Also, I looked at my individual scores just now (I was a bit distraught earlier), and saw that all of my scores were 80th percentile + except Psych, which I haven't even touched. So maybe it is working??

Members don't see this ad :)
I cut out a lot of SN2Ed to make it work for me.

80th % depends on your goals I guess - always strive for improvement and don't be happy with where your scores are now. Do you mean in some Kaplan test though? I think those things are worthless.

I cut out a lot of SN2Ed to make it work for me.

80th % depends on your goals I guess - always strive for improvement and don't be happy with where your scores are now. Do you mean in some Kaplan test though? I think those things are worthless.
Yeah it was a Kaplan test. Unfortunately, those are the only real resources I have.

TBR is too detailed across the board in my opinion. The PS books are great, but even they can cover some **** you'll never see. It can become a time suck.

Biochemistry for Dummies, Kaplan Biochemistry 2015 MCAT book, Principles of Biochemistry textbook. Some folks at TBR wrote me and were of the opinion that the vast majority of the biochem was already within their Biology books, it was a matter of biochem being more focused on. Who knows?