Nuclear medicine job market?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maralbanoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is the nuclear medicine job market? is it really that bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Coming as a radiology fellow it’s pretty good. Increasing cancer imaging and slow uptick in clinical volume results in more ACR job postings.

I would say at this point Nuclear Medicine has been entirely/ almost entirely engulfed by radiology and really is no longer standalone. If you’re graduating with a residency in NM without the radiology experience, you will not find a job.

Reactions: 1 users

It’s not the best, but all the PET/CT fellows (who all completed nuclear medicine residencies) at my former institution got academic jobs. None were research gurus and 2 needed visas. One of the fellows went to do a radiology residency after 1 year of practice as a nuclear medicine attending. It is better to do radiology due to greater flexibility and more opportunities.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not the best, but all the PET/CT fellows (who all completed nuclear medicine residencies) at my former institution got academic jobs. None were research gurus and 2 needed visas. One of the fellows went to do a radiology residency after 1 year of practice as a nuclear medicine attending. It is better to do radiology due to greater flexibility and more opportunities.

I stand corrected. This actually surprises me.

Reactions: 1 user