Number of applications/acceptances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious.. how many schools have you applied to (or will) and how many schools have asked for an interview.. and even further, accepted?

I won't be applying for another year, but i'd like to know what is a safe number (other than 17!!) to narrow down my schools to.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

jc812 said:
I'm just curious.. how many schools have you applied to (or will) and how many schools have asked for an interview.. and even further, accepted?

I won't be applying for another year, but i'd like to know what is a safe number (other than 17!!) to narrow down my schools to.

thanks!

if i could do it over again, i'd just apply to 3 or 4 as soon as their applications are accepted, then see how things go from there. if nothing panned out too well, i'd apply to more schools by dec/jan. thinking back, i would've save a lot of money on application, transcript, lor, etc fees.

btw, i applied to 7 (i think it was out of paranoia of not hearing from any). invited to interview at 7, interviewed at 3, accepted to 3. i think you could find my stats somewhere in this forum, but it's not as impressive as others.

I agree exactly. Three to start (might even consider 1-2 if you really know where I wanted to go.) If that doesn't go well, then try a few more. The OAT gave me the option of picking five, so that's how many I applied to the first time. In retrospect, it probably wasn't necessary. I mean, if three denied me, I highly doubt I was going to do any better with two more! :)

BTW I applied to five, interviewed at five, and was accepted to four.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to 5, accepted to 2 (declined the other 3 interviews). I'm not sure why I applied to so many....

Mine was five years ago, but:

Applied to three (SCCO,UHCO, and UCBSO), interviewed at all three, accepted at two.

My GPA was around the accepted average and my OAT was above accepted average.

just like applying for undergrad-

pick a "safety" school -one where you are pretty sure you can get it based on stats and 2 more not so saftey schools and finally your dream school

apply as early as humanly possible! no serious apply early - that is the best advice i can give

iiiimonica said:
just like applying for undergrad-

pick a "safety" school -one where you are pretty sure you can get it based on stats and 2 more not so saftey schools and finally your dream school

apply as early as humanly possible! no serious apply early - that is the best advice i can give

I agree. I sent my scores to five schools, and at the beginning had narrowed the 17 schools down to my top like 7 or 8, then 5 since I didn't want to pay extra to get score sent. But then I took into consideration money, and how I would lose my mind being declined by all or having to make a decision if accepted to all of them. So in the end I applied to my top 3 schools that just so happened to be in the south (UHCO), and in the east (PCO), and west (SCCO) coast. There are some school I would have liked to applied to just because, but then I asked myself "If accepted would I really consider going there" like the school in Puerto Rico for instance. So my best advice is to make a list, and pick your top 3 (whether it be because of the program, cost, location, or the fact that it may be your "dream" school). I know many people who applied to all these schools, and then when they were asked for an interview declined because (1) it wasn't there top school or (2) didn't want to undergo the costs to go visit the school. So just keep those things in mind before you go crazy. Also look and see what the pre-reqs and essays are at the schools. That way you won't be taking more classes, or having to write a million different essays, or just doing something extra for a certain school.

I applied to three, got invited for interviews at three. Then I actually interviewed at two, got accepted at those two, and subsequently declined the third interview.

Just keep in mind that on top of app fees, it also costs money to travel to places and if you're still in school, you'll probably have to miss some classes, so that makes applying to multiple schools even more difficult.

i applied to 1 and was accepted to 1. uhco was the only school that i wanted to go to, so uhco was the only school for which i applied! my application wasn't stellar, so i definitely prepared myself for rejection and the thought of working or doing some grad work for a year before trying to apply again. but, once again, placing my life entirely in God's hands proved to be the right thing to do.

Hi:

I applied to 5 schools since I figured the OAT will send out my test results to that many schools without charging extra. I applied to UCBSO, SCCO, ICO, NEWENCO, and SUNY. I interviewed at all 5 (I wanted to keep an open mind of where to go), and was ultimately accepted into all of them (I was waitlisted at Berkeley first).

Looking back, I would have probably done the same thing over again. I choose the schools I would most likely consider going to, and I had a great time traveling to different places for the interview. It was costly but it was worth it for me.

Rosanna