NYC peds programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wengerout

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Asking for a friend what your thoughts are on the NYC peds programs? In particular curious about Sinai Elmhurst, Cornell, & Monte?

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

Asking for a friend what your thoughts are on the NYC peds programs? In particular curious about Sinai Elmhurst, Cornell, & Monte?

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Columbia imo tops the peds programs in NYC. Since Cornell & Columbia residents rotate in NYP, most complex cases go to Columbia while Cornell takes the bread n butter types. Unsure about Monte but I heard it's good. As for Sinai Elmhurst, there are several significantly better peds programs in NYC like Monte, Maimo, Westchester, Kravis, NYU, Cohen's etc over Sinai Elm

I've also seen Elm offering pre-match to IMGs since AMGs and many IMGs don't rank Elm desirably after interviews

Last edited:
Columbia imo tops the peds programs in NYC. Since Cornell & Columbia residents rotate in NYP, most complex cases go to Columbia while Cornell takes the bread n butter types. Unsure about Monte but I heard it's good. As for Sinai Elmhurst, there are several significantly better peds programs in NYC like Monte, Maimo, Westchester, Kravis, NYU, Cohen's etc over Sinai Elm

Thanks for the response!!

Which programs would be good to target if you scored a 21X?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response!!

Which programs would be good to target if you scored a 21X?
Selection isn't entirely dependent on scores as you might've already known with several other factors coming into play. It's much harder if the candidate is an IMG but NYC programs are relatively IMG friendly

The link below shows an average step score cut-off if you have an account I believe

https://www.residencyprogramslist.com/pediatrics-in-new-york

Jacobi, Monte, Maimo, Westchester, Columbia-Cornell, Kravis (Mt.Sinai), NYU, Cohen's, Flushing, SUNY downstate, Brooklyn Methodist, Northwell are considered to be the good ones imo with most of them preferring AMGs and higher step scores. I believe your friend can get into the rest with relative ease

Selection isn't entirely dependent on scores as you might've already known with several other factors coming into play. It's much harder if the candidate is an IMG but NYC programs are relatively IMG friendly

The link below shows an average step score cut-off if you have an account I believe

https://www.residencyprogramslist.com/pediatrics-in-new-york

Jacobi, Monte, Maimo, Westchester, Columbia-Cornell, Kravis (Mt.Sinai), NYU, Cohen's, Flushing, SUNY downstate, Brooklyn Methodist, Northwell are considered to be the good ones imo with most of them preferring AMGs and higher step scores. I believe your friend can get into the rest with relative ease

Yes they are from a state school US-MD program with a good amount of publications (6+) and experience working in a pediatric office. You think this combined with the 21X will be enough for Cornell, Sinai, etc. ?

Yes they are from a state school US-MD program with a good amount of publications (6+) and experience working in a pediatric office. You think this combined with the 21X will be enough for Cornell, Sinai, etc. ?
Yes.

This you?