NYC Residents Commit Suicide - Lincoln

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calvinhobbes

Attending Physician and Preceptor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Hope they fire that PD and change the culture there. I’ve heard of malignant programs at that place, but NYC H+H needs to step up and do something, as should ACGME.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm close to the situation. I know residents who knew these internal medicine residents. One of the residents had a secret that they didn't even want their family to know and it was it putting a lot of pressure on him. People have committed suicide for what he was going through alone. I won't disclose it because I don't want people's personal business to spread. But sometimes, things are deeper than what they appear.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm close to the situation. I know residents who knew these internal medicine residents. One of the residents had a secret that they didn't even want their family to know and it was it putting a lot of pressure on him. People have committed suicide for what he was going through alone. I won't disclose it because I don't want people's personal business to spread. But sometimes, things are deeper than what they appear.

You also shouldn't believe everything you hear through the grapevine, but that's neither here nor there.

Reactions: 2 users

So...he was a homosexual.

Good job being both coy/respectful and sharing something extremely personal you have no right to share.

Go away.

• Okay...
Reactions: 9 users