nycom or lecom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adri

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i had the chance to interview away from lecom (some members had a conference in my town). i am now feeling like that was a bad idea because i dont feel i have a true picture of the school. i know about the dress codes and mandatory attendance. are these strictly enforced? can anyone help me out with the pros and cons of lecom? i interviewed with nycom in feb and have not gotten an answer yet.

Members don't see this ad.

The answers to your questions regarding LECOM are very simple. LECOM is a small school but has an awesome facilities. It is pretty new in terms of technology. It has everything you need for your medical education. The dress code and attendance policy are expected to be adhered to. It may seem strict, but only benefits the student. I heard that NOVA uses the same policy. I was accepted to LECOM a month ago and will be going there. It is the only DO school I applied to.

Dr. FeelGood
LECOM '04

Hey Dr. Feel Good, good to hear you are attending LECOM also this fall, so am I. I totaly agree with what you have to say in regard to the facilities and the technology. I was very impressed with the school, even though the size is small. Hope to talk to you in further detail about attending. Im doing my apartment shopping right now, beacause Im all the way in NJ. Talk soon.. but how are we in the class of 2004?? Are you sure you do not mean 2003??

Nova still has the dress code but has changed its attendance policy (more lenient now).