NYIT-COM vs TOURO NV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john_stamos

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the comparison between these two?
I was originally thinking NYCOM but my mentor advised me to research a bit more into the matter because he heard Touro NV had some excellent specialty match ratings in addition to a strong community.

Members don't see this ad.

Also curious about this! Thoughts from students at both schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am accepted to Touro NV and interviewed at NYITCOM too, waiting to hear back. So if things go favorably I may be looking at the same situation, so I'd love some input too

My main reasons for preferring NV is the small class size, cheaper cost of living, and the friendly, laid back feeling I got from everyone there.

Any current students have any thoughts?

See that's what I see.
I want to got to a school where there is a nice community and I can foster a lot of friendships, study groups at, be close with professors, etc....
NYCOM is a really big school and everyone is a commuter. But it is in a really cool area, has a ton of research nearby (15 different places a car ride away you can start your own research at with no problem).
NYCOM allows for tons of speciality matches which is really cool, and from the friends who I hear that go there it is one of the more manageable programs.

NV on the other hand had a monopoly on rotation sites, and has a second monopoly on Internal Medicine residencies through Valley, everyone is pretty chill and laid back there and has a good school community.
Research is non-existant, and matching to a residency out of state rarely happens.
Touro NV's classes are hard as hell also as a side note due to the changed program, but people do very well on the comlex etc...

Im torn between two very different sides of the table here, and originally I was leaning super hard towards NYCOM

matching to a residency out of state rarely happens

Take a look at the 2015 TUN Match List. Out of 104 students, 21 matched to a residency in NV. The majority of students actually matched to residencies in CA (26), followed by NV (21), MI (11), NY (8), FL (8), TX (7). In fact, there are 25 states represented. Seems like a pretty good geographical representation to me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Take a look at the 2015 TUN Match List. Out of 104 students, 21 matched to a residency in NV. The majority of students actually matched to residencies in CA (26), followed by NV (21), MI (11), NY (8), FL (8), TX (7). In fact, there are 25 states represented. Seems like a pretty good geographical representation to me!

I stand corrected!