NYITCOM Arkansas vs Kansas City University College of Medicine vs Burrell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbenn189

Reaction score
Which one should I choose if I want to be a Family Medicine physician working in a rural community?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you give me some additional information on how you reached your answer?
More established, original 5, great boards performance every year. Great placement rate. Great track record of placing DO students into competitive residency programs. That last one may be more on the students themselves, but either way still a good thing for the school.

Burrell one of the few DO schools with an accreditation warning.

NYIT-AR placement rates have been really low and NYIT mask this by compiling both campuses match data together. I went to ARCOM, and I had many friends that went through there. NYIT is also located in a very remote part of Arkansas, and ARCOM has been able to secure the better rotation sites in the area for its students because ARCOM is more supported by the State. That leaves NYIT-AR students struggling to find good rotations. Which also explain why ARCOM has been able to start residency programs so early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
More established, original 5, great boards performance every year. Great placement rate. Great track record of placing DO students into competitive residency programs. That last one may be more on the students themselves, but either way still a good thing for the school.

Burrell one of the few DO schools with an accreditation warning.

NYIT-AR placement rates have been really low and NYIT mask this by compiling both campuses match data together. I went to ARCOM, and I had many friends that went through there. NYIT is also located in a very remote part of Arkansas, and ARCOM has been able to secure the better rotation sites in the area for its students because ARCOM is more supported by the State. That leaves NYIT-AR students struggling to find good rotations. Which also explain why ARCOM has been able to start residency programs so early.
Where do you see the NYIT-AR specific placement rates?

Where do you see the NYIT-AR specific placement rates?
You can't find it because they report both campuses together. But they do have a match day video where they report some campus specific stat. The only reason I know is because I have a friend that just graduated last May and we rotated together a few times.