NYMC MPH or Rutgers Newark MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mddd2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to rutgers newark and NYMC mph which program is better in terms of location, campus, and academics?

Members don't see this ad.

I would do Rutgers. So many great internship opportunities in NYC and NJ.

I would suggest visiting both places to get an idea for location and campus. Taking to professors and/or current students from each institution will give you an idea of academics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your advice you both were very helpful

I got accepted to rutgers newark and NYMC mph which program is better in terms of location, campus, and academics?
Hello,
I'm currently a student at NYMC. It has a beautiful small campus in a safe area. The school is not far from NYC, White Plains, and Yonkers (great network in Westchester and NYC). People are friendly and helpful. To be quite honest if I had a choice between Rutgers and NYMC I'd choose Rutgers. Mainly because NYMC offers basically no job opportunities on campus besides those reserved for the practicum requirement. NYMC does not have a career center. The school caters mainly to the medical students so we really have to work to get the most out of our educational experience. The plus side is that they offer MPH degrees online (I believe all but the Epi major). However, I don't know much about Rutgers besides it being a top ranking school, which I'd assume provides more facilities and opportunities.