Nymc/sound shore ty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamochacreampie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this program? I can't find information anywhere :/

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can give you some information as a medical student who has done several rotations in the hospital including my IM core rotation. The hospital is no longer part of the NYMC system after being acquired by Montefiore a few months back (I think the hospital is called Montefiore New Rochelle now). As far as the residency program goes, the consensus among the TYs I have worked with was that this was one of the cushier TY spots in the NYC area. The hours and the patient load were definitely not bad. The attendings and residents were all very nice and willing to teach as far as i could tell. The hospital does however suffer from some of the same drawbacks as other community hospitals in NYC when it comes to financial constraints/ancillary staff so that might be something to keep in mind. As far as living in the area, New Rochelle is a pretty quiet suburb and housing is not as expensive as in the city. The hospital is 2 minutes away from the Metro North line which take you to grand central and some residents end up living in the city (30 minute ride, ~7$ tickets). If you have any specific questions about the program, just PM me, I'll try to answer them as best as I can with the limited insight I got as a medical student there