NYT: "Your Surgeon Is Probably a Republican, Your Psychiatrist Probably a Democrat"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SQZfW.png

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some scientists, however, have been arguing the world is indeed headed for a cooling phase based on solar cycles. Scientists from Germany to India have argued that weakening solar activity could bring about another “Little Ice Age.”

“The stagnation of temperature since 1998 was caused by decreasing solar activity since 1998,” wrote Jürgen Lange Heine, a physicist with the German-based European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE).

“From 1900 to 1998, solar radiation increased by 1.3 W / m², but since 1998 it has diminished, and could reach values similar to those of the early 20th century. A drop in global temperature over the next few years is predicted,” Heine wrote.

Heine argues that warming during the 20th Century was not caused by increasing carbon dioxide emissions, but instead by increasing solar activity, changes in cloud cover caused by cosmic rays and huge amounts of cloud condensation nuclei in the atmosphere from the nuclear weapons tests conducted from 1945 to 1963.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/03/paper-global-warming-more-like-global-cooling

Last edited:
I believe I have wiped out the ignorance in this forum after going Blade style on all of you.

I bid you adieu until our next disagreement.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah that Forbes article written by a lawyer really convinced me thanks

I believe I have wiped out the ignorance in this forum after going Blade style on all of you.

Upvoted or liked or whatever because you seem to have a good sense of humor. :)

However I'm personally in the "I don't know" camp because I haven't ever systematically examined the evidence and arguments for myself. I've read bits and pieces from both sides, skimmed through articles in journals like Nature and Science, but that's about the extent of what I've done so far. I'd like to dig into it when I have more time though.

Here's the point...the earth doesn't give a **** what temperature it is. The earth has been around a lot longer than we have and will exist for a lot longer after we are gone. There have been mass extinctions on the earth previously and life still moved on. As humans, we are now causing a new mass extinction and we are adversely affecting the environment in ways much more than temperature. If you don't believe that humans are causing massive environmental change then I can't help you. It's naive. The earth has been a lot hotter at various points in its long history, but at those points it would have been completely unsustainable for human life. The point is not saving the earth, but rather being able to live sustainably so the human species can continue to exist. In the end the only ones we are hurting are ourselves.

The reason this is a politicized issue is because there's a lot of money to be made in environmental destruction. Humans are a very short-sighted species.

Upvoted or liked or whatever because you seem to have a good sense of humor. :)

However I'm personally in the "I don't know" camp because I haven't ever systematically examined the evidence and arguments for myself. I've read bits and pieces from both sides, skimmed through articles in journals like Nature and Science, but that's about the extent of what I've done so far. I'd like to dig into it when I have more time though.

Let's be real here. "Global warming" was created by the liberals only because they are not involved in the oil industry. If they were, they wouldn't be liberals. They don't have a ball to play with, so you shouldn't either.;)

The Donald? Is that you? How are you posting this from the debate?

Let's be real here. "Global warming" was created by the liberals only because they are not involved in the oil industry. If they were, they wouldn't be liberals. They don't have a ball to play with, so you shouldn't either.;)
So it's all about the oil again? :)

I'm more worried about a dirty bomb or s nuclear Iran in ten years than global warming. While I believe we should take care of the environment the real threat to our existence isn't coal powered electrical plants but rather proliferation of nuclear weapons to terrorist organizations and those countries which support them.

Saudi Arabia knows that technology will doom the fossil fuel industry and not the liberal agenda.

http://www.theecologist.org/News/ne...ulation_lets_get_rich_while_we_still_can.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users