NYU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Pjainy76 what are your stats??

Hi, I attended the interview on Jan 17th and i am waitlisted at NYU.. Im so dissappointed..:thumbdown:
hey .what r ur stats?/i am also waiting for decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey could anyone tell that NYU is sending letters for acceptance and waitlising only or they r sending the rejection letters also along with acceptance and waiting letters at this time.

hi iam new applicant and i am interviewd on jan 17th,and i am waitlisted,can i know are there any chances of getting admission,can u plz reply me

Hi,
I really dont know exactly what are their criteria for taking in waitlisted candidates...but I suppose you may have to wait atleast until April before you can expect some news from NYU regarding acceptance...I know it is a difficult situation to be in...Pray a lot and leave the rest to God...

Good Luck

Hi Everyone,

I applied for NYU in Oct 2007. I attended interview on Feb 14th 2008. I received acceptance letter on 03/07/2008 by regular mail. I was waiting for the confirmation since few weeks. At last I am relieved. :luck:

My credentials:

GPA: 3.7
NBDE Part 1: 88%
TOEFL: 101
Experience: 2 years in India.

SDN was very useful resource and I am very thankful to everyone who shared their experiences. All the Very best to everyone.

congratulations for you. I am still waiting. Let me ask you a question. In the interview they ask you if you pretend to live in the dormitories, if you are married, things like that???
I'll appreciate your answer
somebody told me this is important, as if you pretend to continue studyng an specialty,because that means profit for the university.. what do you think???

Did any one from India with part-1 scores 86-87 got accepted this year?

hi iam new applicant and i am interviewd on jan 17th,and i am waitlisted,can i know are there any chances of getting admission,can u plz reply me

I have been waitlisted too. So far we are three in the same situation. No one has received a rejection letter yet. Maybe this waiting list is just a polite way of rejection. Hopefully not.

Good luck everybody

My wife just got acceptance letter from NYU. She is from Europe. She was inteviewed on 29th January. Letter is dated 29th February, but we got it only today (we live in Maine).

Stats:
NBDE I - 86
TOEFL - 100
ECE - 3.48
Experience - 1 year at home and 3 mos in US as dental assistant

She is very excited

Hi,
I too received the acceptance letter today from NYUCD.
I am very excited.
Special thanks to HYDBDS.

Good luck to all who are waiting!

Cheers!
Adiwana

Congradulations!! :)
Can you please tell me what your stats are? as in what NBDE score? TOEFL and GPA?? and if any experience?? when were u interviewed??

There is a Post above on this page by HYDBDS which is very informative for accepted students...do check it out!
I am also from pakistan but still awaiting an interview call :( what college are you from??
Take care and congrats again!..pls tell me us your stats so all of us waiting get an idea of the people accepted. :)

hey fefzie,
my stats are as follows:

1. graduated in 2005 from Lahore Medical and Dental College.
2. NBDE Part 1(old format) = 92
3. CBT = 290/300
4. GPA = 3.89
5. Experience = 1 year of house-job plus 3 months at a private dental clinic
6. Interviewed on 22nd jan and received acceptance on 7th jan
7. less notably, i passed my nbde part 2 as well but only barely

what college are you from? hang in there mate. don't fret. i'm sure things'll work out just fine (Inshallah).

cheers!

Hi,
I too received the acceptance letter today from NYUCD.
I am very excited.
Special thanks to HYDBDS.

Good luck to all who are waiting!

Cheers!
Adiwana

Hi,
My heartiest congrats to you...didn't I tell you long time ago that you would be accepted ? Your stats were such that you definitely had to be accepted.... I am so happy for you....Congrats once again...

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,, i was interviewed on january 24..

the acceptance letter is dated february 29,, but i received it on march 8...

part 1 ,,94 toefl 96 gpa 3.09 working experience,,one year in home country ,,2.5 years in america as a dental assistant..

best wishes..

pls tell me, Is it true NYU will accept WES?:confused:

The letter is dated feb 28 but posted on march 5th. Got it on 8th. Doesnt give many days to pay up the deposit fee.

I too recieved acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I was interviewed on Feb 5th.
However I will be declining the seat since I hve been admitted in some anodr School.

But Congrats to every one who got selected and Best of luk to everyone waiting.

I too recieved acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I was interviewed on Feb 5th.
However I will be declining the seat since I hve been admitted in some anodr School.

hey congrats.what r ur stats?? r u from canada??

hey ,
Anyone interviewed on jan 31st got any letter from NYU yet , acceptance or waitlisting ??

zsy

You are still going to minnesota?? right??

dentalbug

part 1 ,,94 toefl 96 gpa 3.09 working experience,,one year in home country ,,2.5 years in america as a dental assistant..

best wishes..

just got the letter

I was accepted at NYUCD CLASS OF 2011 I am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84

CUBAN:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

4 years general dentist home country /1 year dental assistant USA

interviewed:UF,UMDNJ,NYUCD
WAITING LIST :UMDNJ AND UF
ACCEPTED :NYU

GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD

I would like to say thanks to SDN for every advice i have got from here
and I wish u best of luck for everybody who is waiting for the call ,the ones waiting for the acceptance and the oneswho are in the waiting list .

letter dated jan 29/08 just got it I do live in NEW JERSEY.

just got the letter

my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84

GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD

and I wish u best of luck for everybody who is waiting for the call ,the ones waiting for the acceptance and the oneswho are in the waiting list .

hey congrats.ur acceptance gives lot of hope to persons with average scores.from which country r u?/

hi.i am in front of computer looking at sdn since morning and giving congratulations who got acceptance at NYU.Hopefully i will also get it.....but its very nervous time.

alas..... accepted at NYU ... great news guys...
:banana: :banana: :banana:
all the best to others... nd just be patient... i really wanna thank u fido... u guys were great help... nd all frnds here at sdn
nice to see batchmates here now...
so here i go again with the dance
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

just got the letter

my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84

GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD

congratulations..
where are you from?

Hi HIdoc....

have u been interviewed?? if so when was it??..All the best :) are u a reapplicant from last year? apart from NBDE 85 what are ur other stats? :)

hi.i am in front of computer looking at sdn since morning and giving congratulations who got acceptance at NYU.Hopefully i will also get it.....but its very nervous time.

Congradulations MARLBORO 27!!! Yes you definetly give alot of hopes to people under 85!!..All the best! :) are u a reapplicant? when was your application in NYU completed?
Thanks and congrats again! :)

thank u very much for ur wishes and congratulations

I am from Cuba,fresh applicant,applied early october ,application complete late november hope that helps ,do not discourage if u have average grades ,do ur best always.good luck again for everybody here in this forum

Thanks Marlboro27 :)
I wanted to ask you..Univ of Florida needs GC, resident or something like that right??? or can a foreign dentist on a visit visa apply too?

hi,,bug,,

yes,,minnesota..

how r u ??

rain

I am doing good, Getting ready for UIC, 2 yers and done, cant wait :), will try to spend xtra time with my husband, since next 2 yrs will be crunch time :)

later

dentalbug

hi fefzie

no ,u need green card , citizenship or asylum status to apply.

Thanks Marlboro27 :)
I wanted to ask you..Univ of Florida needs GC, resident or something like that right??? or can a foreign dentist on a visit visa apply too?

Thanks for the info Marlboror 27 :)

Did anybody from feb 5th batch got aceptance ,please post the status?

best wishes..

Congrats rain!!!!! happy to hear that..so, staying in NYC or UMN? UMN is less expensive and shorter time, but for NYC you won't have to move..tough choice, right...?tale care, Congrats again:clap::clap::clap:

thank u very much for ur wishes and congratulations

I am from Cuba,fresh applicant,applied early october ,application complete late november hope that helps ,do not discourage if u have average grades ,do ur best always.good luck again for everybody here in this forum

I'm cuban too, and I still waiting. Where did you study in Cuba?

hi.. congrats to all those who got in..has anyone from the february 26th interview batch got acceptance letters yet..?
and, how are we supposed to pay the deposit fee if we're not in the states?.. can it be done online?..
thanks..

hi.. congrats to all those who got in..has anyone from the february 26th interview batch got acceptance letters yet..?
and, how are we supposed to pay the deposit fee if we're not in the states?.. can it be done online?..
thanks..

I think the admin office prefer check or MO only. But, you can call them and request. When I called them they said no for credit card.
Good luck!
Adiwana

hi
anyone, any idea about the procedure for applying financial aid for greencard holderds ??

Made it into NYU! Party-time!!!
Reva