NYU Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dear NASA(!), Dentist 79, Dentist 33...Thank u sooooo much....Just can't

wait to see you guys here too in this list...keeping my fingers crossed...:)

And congratulations for all those who got in.....

hi congrats,can u plz share ur experience ,like who interviewed u,what was asked

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Rossu...

Thanks...:)

My interview was on Jan 18th and it was with Dr. Plawner...

She is the sweetest person ever.....the questionnaire consists of,

1) What did you do after graduation?
2) Emergency cases, can you tackle?
3) Personal things, little
4) Weaknesses
5) Difficult subject, how you overcome?
6) Plans after graduation

While answering all this, your english proficiency will be evaluated...

Hope this helps...

Goodluck

hi,

can you all who have been selected to NYU or had an interview there kindly post your stats here so as we all can have an idea what NYU looks for.

thanks a lot in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys!

kapish created a yahoogroup for the advance standing class of 2010

NYU_Class_of_2010 group!

Good luck !!

Hi friends,

I have got my acceptance letter from NYU... My heartiest congrats to ALL who have been accepted and good luck to everyone else who is waiting for their acceptance letters or interview calls...

I would like to convey my wholehearted THANKS to smile designer, richa sharma, divya, FIXENSMILES01, Dent tex, dr_priya, DentalDocCa, cheer_up, dentistjas, rodent, tumi, sdh, Smile2007, inquest and rahmed for their help, support & good wishes ........

And also THANKS to Pheonix, fido!, mekha, AnD, profile76, AjayDas, Cirberus, kan, drnishpatel, Dr. Dai Phan, preetha, net, indian bds, upenn, manasa, Docnids, emrald, g3k, reshfriends, rajjos77, pintopasa and every member on this forum who had taken time to reply to my posts or PMs.....

I have a request to make to all the friends who have been accepted at NYU - kindly post your stats so that others who are either waiting for the interview calls or acceptance letters can have an idea regarding their chances....(until recently we were in that position, waiting for an interview call or acceptance letter)

My stats -
NBDE part-1 = 89
ECE GPA = 3.41
TOEFL (paper based) = 640 / 677
Work experience in home country = 11+ yrs
Work experience in USA = Nil

I applied in mid August, my file was completed in mid September... I got the interview letter in the last week of December and I had my interview on the 18th of January...

Hi friends,

I have got my acceptance letter from NYU... My heartiest congrats to ALL who have been accepted and good luck to everyone else who is waiting for their acceptance letters or interview calls...

I would like to convey my wholehearted thanks to smile designer, richa sharma, divya, FIXENSMILES01, Dent tex, dr_priya, DentalDocCa, cheer_up, dentistjas, rodent, tumi, sdh, Smile2007, inquest for their help, support & good wishes ........and also THANKS to every member on this forum who had taken time to reply to my posts or PMs.....

I have a request to make to all the friends who have been accepted at NYU - kindly post your stats so that others who are either waiting for the interview calls or acceptance letters can have an idea regarding their chances....(until recently we were in that position, waiting for an interview call or acceptance letter)

My stats -
NBDE part-1 = 89
ECE GPA = 3.41

I applied in mid August, my file was completed in mid September... I got the interview letter in the last week of December and I had my interview on the 18th of January...

have you taken your part 2

HYDBDS!!!!! King of Oman!......!!!

Am so proud of you.Big Congrats to you. I know you are beyond joy now. You deserve it. It was nice meeting you at Upenn....am glad you finally made it.Thank God your hard work finally paid off. The heavens are your springboard.....Congrats once again. Goodluck to those waiting......it shall come to pass....

jaybora!!!

congrats hydbds

Last edited:
i got my acceptance letter today ...i was interviewed on 23rd jan
anyone else from the sam day?

have you taken your part 2

No... I am yet to take my part-2... All the best for your application at NYUCD.... I am sure you will get in....
Good Luck

HYDBDS!!!!! King of Oman!......!!!

Am so proud of you.Big Congrats to you. I know you are beyond joy now. You deserve it. It was nice meeting you at Upenn....am glad you finally made it.Thank God your hard work finally paid off. The heavens are your springboard.....Congrats once again. Goodluck to those waiting......it shall come to pass....

jaybora!!!

Hey jaybora ,
Thanks a ton for your warm wishes and kind words... wish you also the very best for your course at UTHSCSA and for all your endeavours....
Regards & Best Wishes...
HYDBDS

No... I am yet to take my part-2... All the best for your application at NYUCD.... I am sure you will get in....
Good Luck

Thank you so much and congragulations to you.

congrats hydbds (not mentioning ur name)
well i did recognize u after reading ur stats, we met at michigan interview. and we talked a few times over fone.
congrats for ur acceptance, i knew u ll definitely get accepted somewhere..
have fun
mr dentist

Thanks buddy for your wishes....Enjoy at UMichigan... All the very best for your course at UMichigan....
Regards & Best Wishes....
HYDBDS

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks buddy for your wishes....Enjoy at UMichigan... All the very best for your course at UMichigan....
Regards & Best Wishes....
HYDBDS

Congrats HYDBDS.All the best for a successfull career

CONGRATULATIONS! ALL THE BEST FOR SCHOOL!

Hi friends,

I would like to convey my wholehearted thanks to smile designer, richa sharma, divya, FIXENSMILES01, Dent tex, dr_priya, DentalDocCa, cheer_up, dentistjas, rodent, tumi, sdh, Smile2007, inquest for their help, support & good wishes ........and also THANKS to every member on this forum who had taken time to reply to my posts or PMs.....

My stats -
NBDE part-1 = 89
ECE GPA = 3.41

Congratulations To All Of You Joining Nyucod.......hope Our Day Comes Soon!

Congratulations To All Of You Joining Nyucod.......hope Our Day Comes Soon!

Thanks for your wishes.... yes your day will come soooon.....just be positive and believe in yourself and give your best... GOD will take care of the rest...

:thumbup: Good Luck

hey friends..
I m pleased to say that i GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!! :love: Finally, hard work got paid.. See u all there.. Good luck to all.. Its now party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :D

Hey congrats!!! Welcome to NYU!!!!!!!!!!

i got acceptance letter today
My stats nbde I 90
Toefl 110
GPA 3.06
I was interviewed on 25th

My stats nbde I 90
Toefl 110
GPA 3.06

Hi alk
Congratulations on your acceptance.
Would you please share what you were asked.Was the nterview personal or technical and in how many days did you get the acceptance letter.
Thanks a lot.

Hey Alk...
Congrats!!! I was also interviewd on the same day.. See u there then!!!:)

Hi alk
Congratulations on your acceptance.
Would you please share what you were asked.Was the nterview personal or technical and in how many days did you get the acceptance letter.
Thanks a lot.

its was personal.I was interviewed on 25 thursday and i got acceptance letter on 29 monday.
ques were like where d u live,how did u get to know abt the program,do u want to ask me anything

Can all those who got selected also tell about their dental experience also as that will give us a wholesome idea as to what they are looking for and what do we lack in our application.

Hi there..I am a reapplicant.. Last yr i applied in January end..n this yr i applied in september.. My credentials are as below...

Part 1 - 87
Part 2 - 78
GPA - 3.18
TOEFL - 240
Work Exp in home country- 7 months
in USA - almost 2 yrs...
Well ,besides this,my interview was really cool..I was interviewed by Dr.Ray..He was very nice.. He asked me only 2 questions.. If i wanted to know anything abt NYU and why i like NYU...Hope this helps .. Good luck.. :luck:

hi all,
even i received my acceptance letter today!!
interviewed with dr kaneth allen
cool guy...but i was grilled ..:scared: so didnt know how my interview went
he asked alot about my interests..why i luv endo so much ...blah blah well most of the things were related to dentristry as profession ,my goals dental ethics ..and my role in dentistry..and in the end he asked any q for me ???i asked 2-3 ..and then he said that's it????so what if you dont get into nyu ???what 'll you do??? but during my interview he did mention that we need students like you ..but whatever ...
i need nt worry about that now ...have my acceptance ..thanks dr allen:)
and thanks to all who been my side in this tough time !!specially sweet gal...sorry dear for nt being around for long!![had some personal problems ...u knew!!]
my stats are
ndb 1 89
gpa 3.75
toefl 106
exp ..1 yr home country
.........1 yr in usa
hope all who are waiting will get in soon!!!:thumbup:

congrats indian bds.....on your acceptance,glad to hear .....

heartiest congratulations to all of you who are in nyucd 2010
hi all,
he asked alot about my interests..why i luv endo so much ...blah blah well most of the things were related to dentristry as profession ,my goals dental ethics ..and my role in dentistry..and in the end he asked any q for me ???i asked 2-3 ..and then he said that's it????so what if you dont get into nyu ???what 'll you do??? but during my interview he did mention that we need students like you ..but whatever ...
and thanks to all who been my side in this tough time !!specially sweet gal...sorry dear for nt being around for long!![had some personal problems ...u knew!!]
my stats are
ndb 1 89
gpa 3.75
toefl 106
exp ..1 yr home country
.........1 yr in usa

congrats indian bds.....on your acceptance,glad to hear .....

heartiest congratulations to all of you who are in nyucd 2010

thanks
hope you too hear from them soon!!

hi all,
my stats are
ndb 1 89
gpa 3.75
toefl 106
exp ..1 yr home country
.........1 yr in usa

hey sweety,,congratulations on ur acceptance...where have u been???i was actually worried too!!anyways will contact u soon,,now just throw away those part1 boooks and party hard:D ,,,I am reallly very happy for u..
looking forward to see u soon at NYU:)

hey sweety,,congratulations on ur acceptance...where have u been???i was actually worried too!!anyways will contact u soon,,now just throw away those part1 boooks and party hard:D ,,,I am reallly very happy for u..
looking forward to see u soon at NYU:)

sorry dear
i went into hibernation ...will tell u later!!
regarding part 1 ..yeah i think i cant depart from them....
i really liked the quote..
there's nothing wrong in giving my last shot

Hey! ABD_DDS!!!
Congrats buddy! u made it!!! party hard!:clap::clap: :hardy: :hardy: so, thats 2 from the 25th? what about dent_phl? anyways, CONGRATS!!! ALL THE BEST!
hey friends..
I m pleased to say that i GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!! :love: Finally, hard work got paid.. See u all there.. Good luck to all.. Its now party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :D

i got my acceptance letter today ...i was interviewed on 23rd jan
anyone else from the sam day?
hey even i was interviewed on the 23rd... got my acceptance letter on 27th... i was interviewed by Dr. Berkowitz... what bout u??

Hai everyone!
I got my acceptance letter from NYU!!!:thumbup: :D I was interviewed on the 25th, got my acceptance letter on 29th. Man they r fast!!! so i think that makes 3 of us from the 25th Jan!
My stats are:
Part I : 89
GPA : 4
TOEFL : 283
Work experience: 5 months back home, none in US.
Thanks everyone for all the support! SDN is a great community!!!!
Hey ABD_DDS, see u there then!!!:D

Hai i was interviewed on 25th too. got my acceptance letter too!!! Great! see u there!:D
My stats nbde I 90
Toefl 110
GPA 3.06

Hi guys and gals congrats to all of you who have made it ...............and all the best to all who are waiting

REST NOW ITS PARTY TIME LIVE LIFE KING SIZE
:D

Congrats dear..
Finally we all made it..I know they are really quick..They dispatch their reply on the same day.. :) Wow it feels like dream come true..Now its party time:D

congrats to all who made it... :thumbup: c u all on june 4... n all the best for those who r waiting...

hi all.....just got my acceptance letter,was interviewed on 23rd january,
my stats are...
part1 86
part2 75
gpa 3.44
toefl..253
experience-3years home country
6 months (usa)

good luck to all waiting to hear from nyu........

hi, i applied to nyu on jan. 4, nbde1-87, toefl-95, gpa-3.76. i havent heard anything yet and when i call they tell me to be patient,that it could take till the spring to hear something. does anyone have any info about my chances? or any advice? thanks

Hi to all SDN Members,

This is my 1st post. I was interviewed on 11th january 2007 and got accepted. I have a score of 89 IN ndbe-1.CONGRATULATIONS to those who got accepted, ALL THE BEST for those who are attending interviews and PRAY TO GOD for those who are waiting for the Interview calls. Hopefully all those who are trying to get into dental school get into some school as soon as possible.

NYU2010
T
never too late to start this thread! fingers crossed Good luck everyone!

around 4000 applications came in this yr for NYUCD... n they calling people with score of 86+ for interviews... but they r little serious regarding GPA this time... so all the best... n dont loose hope...

I dont think that 4000 applications might have been competing this year.

around 4000 applications came in this yr for NYUCD... n they calling people with score of 86+ for interviews... but they r little serious regarding GPA this time... so all the best... n dont loose hope...

hey guys....i got my acceptance letter from Nyu :) ....so count me in too..will be glad to get in touch with more people who r planning on being a part of the program at Nyu starting this June.
Well just for others to figure out there chances my stats are
Ndb Part 1-88
Ndb Part 2- haven't taken as yet
GPA-3.6
Toefl-271
work exp:Back home -2yrs
U.S-6 months
So here's wishin all the best to all u guys out there who are waiting for a interview call or acceptance.:thumbup:

docvanszz first of all congratulations for your acceptance ,
dou you know for sure that there are about 4000 applicants at NYU ,
it happens to be that I have not been called yet , the hope is the last thing I want to loose , but you throw that number and it kind of scare me a little bit ,
if that number is right I will cross my fingers , and if it isn 't a fact I will still keep crossing my fingers and in that case please not to give out sary numbers just for the fun of it ,
anyway congratulations and hoping to be on your same boat since june ,
sincerely Martin

Hi Loco,

There are 400 files (100 reaplicants)
They will call 400 ppl not 4000.
Ask somebody that is going to the interview to ask Dr Mejia.She is a very very nice person and will answer that aprox.

GOOD LUCK!!