NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: New York University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: New York University College of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.51
Science GPA: 3.33
DAT: 20.7AA, 20.3TS, 20.5PAT
Applied: 3,035
OOS: 2,260 Applied, 467 Interviewed, 179 Accepted
IS: 438 Applied, 266 Interviewed, 143 Accepted
International: 337 Applied, 120 Interviewed, 47 Accepted
# Enrolled: 367
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.51
Science GPA: 3.41
DAT: 21.1AA, 20.7TS, 20.4PAT
Applied: 2,994
OOS: 2,144 Applied, 170 Accepted
IS: 468 Applied, 115 Accepted
International: 382 Applied, 86 Accepted
# Enrolled: 371
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.87-3.95
Overall: 3.05-3.95

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi i got this email from them when requesting a fee waiver :

Thank you for your interest in NYU Dentistry. Upon reviewing your request for a fee waiver, we have added an additional item to your Application Status Portal with the note: "Please provide the most recent copy of your Student Aid report (SAR) report." Please log in and upload the document to the "Upload Materials" section at the bottom.

Sincerely,
The Admissions Team

but the status portal requires a undergraduate nyu id and stuff is this a mistake anyone that applied last year know how to access that portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi i got this email from them when requesting a fee waiver :

Thank you for your interest in NYU Dentistry. Upon reviewing your request for a fee waiver, we have added an additional item to your Application Status Portal with the note: "Please provide the most recent copy of your Student Aid report (SAR) report." Please log in and upload the document to the "Upload Materials" section at the bottom.

Sincerely,
The Admissions Team

but the status portal requires a undergraduate nyu id and stuff is this a mistake anyone that applied last year know how to access that portal?

It shouldn’t require an “undergrad” ID. But they do require an applicant ID to enter their portal. You should have gotten an email with the ID and instructions on how to reset your password to access it. Shoot them an email and just say that you didn’t get your ID email information, otherwise It can take a day or two to be sent.

Hi guys, would you recommend sending a letter of interest to NYU? It’s the only school I’m applying too and I’m a Canadian applicant so I’m really hoping I get in. Let me know!
letter of interest is spelled A-A-D-S-A-S

Hi guys, would you recommend sending a letter of interest to NYU? It’s the only school I’m applying too and I’m a Canadian applicant so I’m really hoping I get in. Let me know!
Not even Canadian schools?

You’d send an LOI after being waitlisted or waiting to get an interview post December acceptances. Don’t send one now, it’s way too early.

Only applying to One school is ambitious. Unless you’re including Canadian schools. NYU typically starts their interview invitations around September or so. Good luck this cycle! Their interviews are pretty laid back and I thoroughly enjoyed mine.

anyone know how to submit the kira assessment on to their portal
1687098925023.png

Are there people who have not received the supplemental fee/portal login yet?

how did you set up your portal?
I contacted them about fee wavier a while back and they sent me a link to the portal to send my fafsa info in but I’m sure if no one got their portal stuff then they haven’t looked at anything yet

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted them about fee wavier a while back and they sent me a link to the portal to send my fafsa info in but I’m sure if no one got their portal stuff then they haven’t looked at anything yet
I see! I didn't know NYU requires kira!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi so do we need to wait to be invited to nyu Kira test or is it like the DAT
I’m not sure, I’m not the most familiar with Kira talent and since this is new for NYU this cycle you are the first to use it. You could reach out and see if you need to schedule Kira or if they’ll send you a link for their Kira talent.

@OncePreDent, do you happen to know the Kira Talent process?

I’m not sure, I’m not the most familiar with Kira talent and since this is new for NYU this cycle you are the first to use it. You could reach out and see if you need to schedule Kira or if they’ll send you a link for their Kira talent.

@OncePreDent, do you happen to know the Kira Talent process?
For all of the programs that I participated/interviewed with using Kira, they all sent me a link after reviewing my supplemental & essentially advancing to the next round. Some schools, such as the University of Washington & UNE used Kira as their sole interview. At the same time, other programs such as ASDOH-ATSU used it as an additional part beyond a live interview, or programs like Roseman use it as a means to advance to the final round (live interview).

Either way, it is important to treat the Kira Assessment as an interview if you are invited for one, make sure you prep for it well like you are prepping for a final exam. Plenty of practice. Record videos of yourself answering questions: Why NYU; Why dentistry; give an example of a time ___; etc.) & look for ways to improve it. Share the videos with your family and friends so they can critique your responses.

Received email to set up portal

I received the Kira invite as well! I think it's new this cycle, I'm a reapplicant and didn't have to do it last year. I completed a Kira interview for UNE last cycle and it's very straightforward. Treat it like an interview, and you honestly have an advantage because you can do it in the comfort of your own space!

What is the difference between letter of intent vs interest and when should they be sent?

What is the difference between letter of intent vs interest and when should they be sent?
usually, a letter of intent demonstrates you're committed to the school should they give you an acceptance. Generally you could send multiple letters of interest to different schools, but morally should only send one letter of intent to your top school (or the only school that interviewed you, or on waitlist, etc. But generally should be sent to only one school).

Though ultimately neither really has any weight in admissions from what I have heard, and they aren't a "contract". Though if you feel that there's a particular school you would absolutely attend, a letter of interest could be sent later in the cycle before you receive an interview (to try and get an interview), and a letter of intent would be after your interview.

I sent a letter of intent to my top program, though I have zero clue if it helped me secure one of the first seats available in the program when Dec. acceptances rolled in. But I was adamant that I would attend UMN if accepted and made that clear in my letter. Did it help? Idk, but I felt that I did everything I could, and it ended up working out. So it's up to you. But now is too soon to be sending any letters.

Does anyone know how long the time limit is set for Kira per question and how many questions it will ask or what they will ask

Does anyone know how long the time limit is set for Kira per question and how many questions it will ask or what they will ask
Mr. Google can be your friend:

"Generally, interviews through Kira Talent last approximately 30-60 minutes, and the length, number of questions, number of video vs text questions/answers, preparation time for questions, and response time for answers varies from institution to institution."

Has anyone who applied by June 2 not received an email to pay the application fee yet?

Has your application+transcripts been verified first? School's won't receive them until AADSAS verifies your application before being sent to schools
Yes, everything has been verified

For the kira assesment does it matter if you take it on a business day or weekend saturday or sunday

Just submitted my Kira Interview. I believe I could have done better but at least I gave my best so :)..

could you share the questions please
They were just generic interview questions! I believe if you prepare for Kira as you would do for the traditional interviews, you will be fine!

They were just generic interview questions! I believe if you prepare for Kira as you would do for the traditional interviews, you will be fine!
did they give mock mmi scenarios or was it the more traditional interview questions?

If you go to the nyu Kira link, it will tell you how many questions there are!
thanks! When it says time to complete next to the amount of questions... is that the total time or time we have to answer each question?

thanks! When it says time to complete next to the amount of questions... is that the total time or time we have to answer each question?
If you do the practice questions; you will have 45 seconds to prepare and 2minutes and 30 seconds to answer each questions. It was same for the actual kira interview

Is there another interview after Kira or is Kira the substitute going forward?

I think Kira is just another component of the application that they will use to decide who to invite to the real interviews

Has anyone not gotten any email from them about the supplemental fee and kira? I emailed them and they said their system is down and IT is working on it but idk