NYU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In my batch most of the students were around 89 and 90 part 1 scores but we had one or two with 85 also,and i have also heard of one my friend who applied in last january got a call for 83 part 1 also,so i dont know on what bases they r inviting the students for the interviews but keep ur fingers crossed and hope 4 the best...
and i feel the people with 87,88 dont need to worry caz they will surely get their admssion letters sooner or later...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ,wisdom Tooth,

Thankyou Very Much.you Gave Us Some Hope.some People Like Me With Scores 88 Are Really Disappointed.

All The Best

Hi ,wisdom Tooth,

Thankyou Very Much.you Gave Us Some Hope.some People Like Me With Scores 88 Are Really Disappointed.

All The Best
I too have NBDE part1 87 (new pattern)
part2 78
and i was waitlisted last year. nothing happened till now

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called NYU.Said that ppl upto part 1 score 85 have been called for interview till now.

HI SKD

Do u have any direct number.Becoz My nbde part1& 2 score is 89 & 79.But i didn't get interview call till now.I applied in september 2007.
thanks
dr.reach

HI SKD

Do u have any direct number.Becoz My nbde part1& 2 score is 89 & 79.But i didn't get interview call till now.I applied in september 2007.
thanks
dr.reach
Direct no.?Well,if you are asking about how to reach the admissions dept of NYU,then the no. is on their website.

I too have NBDE part1 87 (new pattern)
part2 78
and i was waitlisted last year. nothing happened till now

I hope you will get the magic letter soon as i believe they will consider and compare previously interviewed candidates ( previously waitlisted) with newly interviewed candidates before finalizing anything. ..... think so, don't have an official reference.

good luck to everyone .

Hey wisdom tooth,

how did u do on ur interview? what did they ask u? was there a test on a model or something like that? when will u know if u got in?

hey DivaLatina2008,
I have already posted it in NYU interview experiences,but m getting the same query repeatedly so m just doing copy-paste here so that students can get the info here in this thread...
I have already posted my stats in the thread about NYU and I will try my best to cover all the details abt my interview still if any one has any doubts plz feel free to PM me...
I have been informed about my interview call on my cell phone on 14th of january at abt 4:45 pm,was scheduled for 17th of january starting at 8 am.
If you are driving to the NYU make it sure to leave early expecting trafic delays in the morning peak hours perticularly if u r staying somewhere in new jersey also there is no parking alloted for us or nyu students,if u r staying in jersey city then i guess path train will be best for the transportation,while going back all the people who are going to get any public transportation can book a cab together in sharing to reach port authority bus terminal(its just a suggestion because we did the same)
I reached NYU at 7:45 am,when u reach the place been informed in ur invitation e-mail,u find a lady at the information desk at the entrance,she will give u something like a file with the information regarding tution fees and loans,etc inside and u need to wait to be called for a personal interview
u can heve coffee or some breakfast at that time if u want to...
I was interviewed early at about 8 by a lady and it was just for 15 minutes only.They make u very comfortable and ask general questions like.......
- tell me something abt u,
- why u decided to be a dentist?
- wat r u doing these day,if u r a student like me on MPA/MPH then which university u r? and when r u planning to complete ur MPA?...be careful answering this question caz they r starting their program in JUNE,so they want u to complete it till may otherwise they will enroll u for 2009 batch.
- generally they dont go for theory related questions but she asked me to explain her how to manage a patient with syncope
Lastly they ask us if we have any questions for them abt the program or collage.
They called 12 students for interview,8 were for Advanced Placement and 4 were regular DDS students,when all 12 completed their interviews we had a short tour to collage and then we all were requested to sit in a room where we had an advisor to answer all our doubts regaring program/collage untill we r all clear with all our doubts
They have 120 seats this year for advanced standing students but they filled 145 last year and r not going to repeat it this time and as they said they will call students for interviews till april...
again we got almost an hour of tour to different departments by a 3rd yr DDS student and had a chance to have a lunch in nyu caffeteria with some 2nd and 3rd yr students,where we can ask them whats really happening in collage and the current student's review for the collage...
If I miss anything I am requesting all the people who gets done with their interviews to write here in this thread to make it more informative for those who need r having the interview in the upcoming days...

Wisdom Tooth

Thanks fido,ya,thats what its intended for...

Hey wisdom tooth,
I'm sorry ppl like me r making u repeat urself...I'm a new member but r finally getting a hang of how things work around here...anyway sounds like ur an ideal candidate n I'm so happy for u n I'm sure ur gonna make it! Lets stay in touch..I plan on applying to NYU next year n would love some feedback from u on what the course is like...Thnx for being so generous with sharing all the info n advice. Ppl like u deserve to make it big in life!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,thats ok,thanks 4 the wishes and feel me to PM me with whatever info u need...

Hello Everybody

One of my friend had interview on 01/22. he mentioned 14 people attended and 5 to 6 reapplicants.

Interview started at 8am and end at 12:30pm

And he told me that interview was pretty cool and only person stuff.

Good luck to all those who are waiting for interviews.

Hi ya folks,
Its been a while abt NYU interview. Come up frnds post and share interview experiences with all of us. We are keepin our fingers crossed, be the icebreakers and break the silence. Any idea when is the next batch scheduled and so.Thank you everybody.

hey guys... just a quick question... i know those who r being interviewd get calls over the email... is there anyone who has got a call via regular mail only??? hoping for some replies on this....thnx

I was in the first batch of interviews ,everybody got a telephone call and after that the email.

I was in the first batch of interviews ,everybody got a telephone call and after that the email.

hi malboro,
how was ur interview? can u please let us know who interviewed you & what did they ask.THANKS.

hi dentist26 the interview was pretty much like wisdom tooth posted above ,just one professor ,who was very cool ,basic questions about ur life ,why nyu,very easy clinical question ,staff like that .after that ,the tour and after that a loooooooooong wait heheheheheh i' ve not heard from them yet.I dont know if someone of my batch got a letter already.the send the acceptance,waiting list and rejection letter by regular mail.

Hey Marlboro,
Stay cool, leave the rest to Almighty! Can you pls post your stats? Any idea aby when the next batch probably scheduled, what scores stuff? Good luck with your waitin.

Did someone receive an interview call lately?

hey malboro....plz plz shed some light on the kind of dental questions asked..... thnx a lot in advance

hi dentist26 the interview was pretty much like wisdom tooth posted above ,just one professor ,who was very cool ,basic questions about ur life ,why nyu,very easy clinical question ,staff like that .after that ,the tour and after that a loooooooooong wait heheheheheh i' ve not heard from them yet.I dont know if someone of my batch got a letter already.the send the acceptance,waiting list and rejection letter by regular mail.

hi malboro,
THANKS for the information.ALL THE BEST.:thumbup::thumbup:

I got an interview call through an email. I got the mail on 23rd

can anyone tell that how many persons will the NYU interview for 120 seats???//

hey malboro....plz plz shed some light on the kind of dental questions asked..... thnx a lot in advance

mine was very easy as i said:what would u do if a patient is coming up with pain to ur office?

Hey Marlboro,
Stay cool, leave the rest to Almighty! Can you pls post your stats? Any idea aby when the next batch probably scheduled, what scores stuff? Good luck with your waitin.

yeap, that's what i did,my score is in the first page in this thread ,dont worry about scores ,if u got what they are looking for ,they re gonna call u,good luck.

thnx a lot malboro... nd all the best with the acceptence part.. am sure ull get in

Hey Marlboro,
Thank you for the very cheerful reply! What u said is the part of truth and lil realistic too! I do really appreciate it. Good luck in your acceptance!

125 ..to be precise...and cant say the number of interviewers this year!..depends on the availability..and 1 person is gonna interview only one candidate!
can anyone tell that how many persons will the NYU interview for 120 seats???//

125 ..to be precise...and cant say the number of interviewers this year!..depends on the availability..and 1 person is gonna interview only one candidate!
mr. fido
i have one question, what's your opinion regarding last year wait list candidates, do they give any preference to them because nobody from last year waitlisted candidates heard anything so far from NYU. please shed some light on it.

In my batch most of the students were around 89 and 90 part 1 scores but we had one or two with 85 also,and i have also heard of one my friend who applied in last january got a call for 83 part 1 also,so i dont know on what bases they r inviting the students for the interviews but keep ur fingers crossed and hope 4 the best...
and i feel the people with 87,88 dont need to worry caz they will surely get their admssion letters sooner or later...

i got an email dated 24th jan that i have to call the office of nyucd before 2nd feb to schedule a date for interview.I am very happy on that but unfortunately im in india due to an emergency .I am very nervous and donno what to do........what do you all suggest me to do........should i tell them im in india.......is there an option of having interview by phone.
im very confused.......help me.
My statistics are:
part 1 _90%[old pattern]
toefl score 95
GPA 3.2
pls advice.

i got an email dated 24th jan that i have to call the office of nyucd before 2nd feb to schedule a date for interview.I am very happy on that but unfortunately im in india due to an emergency .I am very nervous and donno what to do........what do you all suggest me to do........should i tell them im in india.......is there an option of having interview by phone.
My statistics are:
part 1 _90%[old pattern]
toefl score 95
GPA 3.2
pls advice.

Don't worry, just call them before 2nd Feb., and schedule your interview arround the end of Feb ( 21, 26, 28 Feb ). I don't think there would be any problem.
I doubt they will take telephonic interview.

Good luck and enjoy.

Hey Bingo,
I'm not sure abt this but I guess you can let them know and explain abt the position you are rt now in and ask for some rescheduling. That would not be an offense! You can very well wait for others opinion and suggestions too! May Peace be with you. Good luck!

My statistics are:
part 1 _90%[old pattern]
toefl score 95
GPA 3.2
pls advice.

i have one question, what's your opinion regarding last year wait list candidates, do they give any preference to them because nobody from last year waitlisted candidates heard anything so far from NYU. please shed some light on it.

i had checked ur posts on d reapplicants forum .. any luck with teh interview so far ???

let me tell you something in my batch we were 10 ,and about 4 were reaplicants ,so they have been called.all of you are gonna be called.

i had checked ur posts on d reapplicants forum .. any luck with teh interview so far ???

Hi everyone waiting eagerly for some kind of news reg nyu..yest called them to find out abt how they r calling for interviews..the lady to whom i spoke said mostly they r considering applicants who hav applied sooner ..ofcourse other things also count lik part 1/gpa/whatever..she said they had 600 applicants so far for international dds program..pretty tight competition i guess..this mayb old news..jus wanted to share if in case someone wants to know..

hey guys... got an interview call.... nyu--my last hope...not scheduled it yet...will call them at the earliest...any advice is highly appreciated...

hi addy...

CONGRATULATIONS...if you dont mind can u giv us ur stats and when hav u applied to nyu....ALL THE BEST..FOR THE INTERVIEW...

hey sure...
NBDE-I -- 87 (new pattern)
GPA -- 3.71 (ECE)
toefl -- 105 (iBT)
experience -- 2 yrs india
3 months USA observer (did not mention it though)
applied in mid nov

hi, addy,
congratulations,
did you get any completion card from NYU,plz can u tell me when did you get the card, i applied in mid oct and i did not recieve any call from nyu.I also have the same stats.any feed back appreciated.

hey sure...
NBDE-I -- 87 (new pattern)
GPA -- 3.71 (ECE)
toefl -- 105 (iBT)
experience -- 2 yrs india
3 months USA observer (did not mention it though)
applied in mid nov

well i got the application completion post card... u can call them and ask bout ur application since u did not recieve any card bout the completion... nd hey...can i know ur stats too??

i got the card by end of nov